General T-Jet re-map

Currently reading:
General T-Jet re-map

120bhp would be a bit on the weak side for a car as heavy as the T-Jet. To qoute it at 140bhp would not sound too good when looking at the Abarth. Pushing up the Abarth SS to 200 bhp would be necessary then, which would leave the Mito GTA in a problem.

With a 1.8 turbo 230bhp GTA on the way in the future I really don't think a 200bhp Abarth SS is a problem.....

Last edited:
Thank you Gakis.

I wonder what the gentlemen of

Angeltuning and

Celtic have to say about it.

Our partners rolling road is over reading then. Isn't it. And neither does GSR nor Red Dot know anything about tuning.

Anyone of the people who made their claims against us dare to comment?

don't you say 140 bhp? didn't this guy say "We saw about 138Ps as standard."

correct me if I'm wrong, but PS is not the same as BHP.....

note: I haven't made claims against you, I'm just questioning why Fiat are lying to the whole country about what their engines produce... have you asked them? talked to some of their technical people?

and you're very defensive.... with the "neither does GSR nor Red Dot know anything about tuning"

I don't come on here very often, because it seems the oppsite, it seems that everything I read would state that GSR and Red Dot are the ONLY people who can properly tune fiats, and everyone else is crap?

do you think there are other tuners that can do as good a job as you? or is it just angel and celtic you are willing to slag off?

I have nothing against your tuning company, I'm sure they are very good, its just your attitude that winds me up... :rolleyes:

note: I haven't made claims against you, I'm just questioning why Fiat are lying to the whole country about what their engines produce... have you asked them? talked to some of their technical people?

and you're very defensive.... with the "neither does GSR nor Red Dot know anything about tuning"

I don't come on here very often, because it seems the oppsite, it seems that everything I read would state that GSR and Red Dot are the ONLY people who can properly tune fiats, and everyone else is crap?

do you think there are other tuners that can do as good a job as you? or is it just angel and celtic you are willing to slag off?

I have nothing against your tuning company, I'm sure they are very good, its just your attitude that winds me up... :rolleyes:

First of all you are correct that Ps is not the same as bhp, but the difference is negligable.

Oldschool has never slagged another company off, he has simply put his results forward and compared to the rest of the competition. Its all fact and statements.

First of all you are correct that Ps is not the same as bhp, but the difference is negligable.

As a rule of thumb, you can knock off one PS for every 100PS to reach a rough bhp figure. If you want to be completely accurate, multiply the PS figure by 0.9864 to reach the bhp total.

So 138 PS is equal to 136.12 BHP and by the time you have taken rolling road inaccuracies into account there is potentially no difference.

Avanti, Engstler, Merkur and Novitech to name a few in the Italian market are competitors and I rate them very high.

The two companies you named are trying to tell the whole world that they are the daddies and that performance tuning is in these days re-mapping and bolting on a filter. And neither company has shown or was able to varify the claimed figures. If I am arrogant to tell the members that this is a fact then I do like to be arrogant. Neither of them are real competitors as neither of them are supplying world wide. A lot of people have been with them not being aware of what perfomance tuning is about and finally ending up with us spending money that was spend once before.

Also both companies expressed repeatedly that we do not know what we are doing and it was repeatedly claimed we fake results.

Fiat says that Bravo engine is the same as Grande Punto. We made about 5- dynos with wir filter, without air filter, with remap, with full exhaust, with cat back exhaust....we did everything!!!! The maximum power gain is about....5-7Ps...

The boost after the remmap is 1,3 overboost 1bar for a while and at 5.000rpm is about 0,6bar.

There is another man here in Greece that can remmap the ecu and we says that onliy with remap we can see about 145-150Ps.... I dont think so but we will give a chance...

Something when we tried to keep about 1bar ct. the ecu made a cut and the boost goes down about 0,5bar... Maybe for engine's safety....

when you find out power technics let us know...

is this safety factor has something to do with the pistons that tjet has?
do anybody know if the abarth engine has different internal parts than tjet 120?

Last edited:
Also both companies expressed repeatedly that we do not know what we are doing and it was repeatedly claimed we fake results.

This topic of us and them is becoming very hackneyed....

I'm on here a lot and have seen Angel being bashed for various things, by various individuals, some maybe be true (although I've never seen any conclusive evidence) many I know are not.

I've never seen anyone from Angel say anything disparaging against GSR or Red Dot, the only thread I read was where Angel said some quite complimentary things about you both.

Change the record..... :bang:

Last edited:
I'm on here a lot and have seen Angel being bashed for various things, by various individuals, some maybe be true (although I've never seen any conclusive evidence) many I know are not.

I've never seen anyone from Angel say anything disparaging against GSR or Red Dot, the only thread I read was where Angel said some quite complimentary things about you both.

Change the record..... :bang:

I could count quite easily on two hands members you could speak to with evidence. RR graphs have even been posted in the GP section.

You don't really know the full story so its hard to comment.

I try to keep opinions out of this soap opera. I just post facts and let people decide what they want to do. What oldschool says is all very true.

Fiat says that Bravo engine is the same as Grande Punto. We made about 5- dynos with wir filter, without air filter, with remap, with full exhaust, with cat back exhaust....we did everything!!!! The maximum power gain is about....5-7Ps...

The boost after the remmap is 1,3 overboost 1bar for a while and at 5.000rpm is about 0,6bar.

There is another man here in Greece that can remmap the ecu and we says that onliy with remap we can see about 145-150Ps.... I dont think so but we will give a chance...

Something when we tried to keep about 1bar ct. the ecu made a cut and the boost goes down about 0,5bar... Maybe for engine's safety....

Same here. We know that the map sensor is identical to the Abarth one, which means that somewhere in the map are some differences that we do not touch on the known tables.

This is all getting more and more pathetic. This forum goes over the same topics time and time again, with a bizarre old boys club of names that keep on posting, patting each other on the back, criticising some tuner or other, and then hiding under Oldschool's skirt.

I used to dip in and out of this website to see if there was any useful information for a prospective owner, but now having bought a GPS am sick and tired of the current and relentless boredom which reading these pages results in.

Time to move on.

Time to move on.
Cheers for the 5 posts (y)

Surely the best bet is to avoid any threads that mention tuning, then everything will be ok for you?

Would it be better if no-one posted anything? It really can't be that hard to filter out what you read - then again, I do tend to read most threads on this site, and I don't feel your ire.

Also, if you desire - add the members from the "old boys club" to your ignore list - sorted :)

Last edited:
This is all getting more and more pathetic. This forum goes over the same topics time and time again, with a bizarre old boys club of names that keep on posting, patting each other on the back, criticising some tuner or other, and then hiding under Oldschool's skirt.

I used to dip in and out of this website to see if there was any useful information for a prospective owner, but now having bought a GPS am sick and tired of the current and relentless boredom which reading these pages results in.

Time to move on.

If you had thought about what this thread is about you certainly would not have made such a comment.

The first post of this thread comes up with what a so called tuner claims not representing the truth. In other words this company is promoting a LIE.

HOW MUCH CLEARER DO YOU WANT ME TO MAKE THIS.

If you want to be deceived and betrayed by false claims - be my guest.

Obviously I make my living with perfromance tuning and some race preparation. But I do not tell my clients anything we haven't measured ourselves. And I do not sell any of my products with faked figures. I do not lie to the people.

Do you get the point?

I strugle to see how no one who is too opinionated to see blind fact when it smacks them in the face has been smart enough to realise that there is "an old boys club" for a reason. If we had had the same experience from GSR/Red Dot and Oldschool that people have had with other tuners (Won't name them again to avoid an argument but we all know who i mean) then don't you think that we would be slating GSR and Red Dot as well!!!

Put 2 and 2 together and look at the facts for gods sake!

Back