Technical t-jet performance

Currently reading:
Technical t-jet performance

iancookie

really interested in getting an abarth turbo for my t-jet

been looking everywhere for a vl36 but can't seem to find any...i'm guessing the vl38 the same fitment?

also was wondering how well they run without a remap...if possible i'd upgrade the turbo then save up for a remap rather than having to save up and shell out for both at the same time

anyone know much about this?

Yes the VL38 is the same fitment, it just comes off the Abarth 500 instead of the Abarth Grande Punto. I've yet to see results from people who have tried it though but it definitely works.

They run fine without the remap, I did about 50miles in mine with the turbo before having it remapped with no problems and the car was checked on the RR before the map and it was running fine. I would definitely recommend getting it mapped soon after though to get the best power gains possible and make the most of the new turbo. (y)

Yes the VL38 is the same fitment, it just comes off the Abarth 500 instead of the Abarth Grande Punto. I've yet to see results from people who have tried it though but it definitely works.

They run fine without the remap, I did about 50miles in mine with the turbo before having it remapped with no problems and the car was checked on the RR before the map and it was running fine. I would definitely recommend getting it mapped soon after though to get the best power gains possible and make the most of the new turbo. (y)
ah yeah, cheers for that dude, was reading your thread...you got a nice motor there :)

i was just hoping id be able to run it for a while without the map as its gonna hit the bank balance pretty hard :p did you notice any difference running it before you got remapped?

What is a standard t-jet turbo?? vl37??

and is the vl38 the same as a vl37??

Because my t-jet seem to have a vl38 on it :)??

I mean i had it RR everything standard apart from a forge motorsport induction kit and i made 147 bhp and 164 lb fts. i thought the car was alot faster than 120 bhp because i keep up with ridicious cars that should blow me out the water but they dont lol!

Slightly off toppic but the tjet standard is putting out 120 bhp. This seems very low power to me considering the corsa vxr is a 1.6 and putting out 190 bhp. The twingo 1.6 normaly aspirated engine is putting out 133 bhp. The seat Fr is a 1.4 and putting out 180 bhp.

Have fiat held the tjet back for road tax and insurance group reasons ? It seems that a lot of other manufactorers can get much more power from the same cubic capacity and not sacrific relaibility.

Slightly off toppic but the tjet standard is putting out 120 bhp. This seems very low power to me considering the corsa vxr is a 1.6 and putting out 190 bhp. The twingo 1.6 normaly aspirated engine is putting out 133 bhp. The seat Fr is a 1.4 and putting out 180 bhp.

Have fiat held the tjet back for road tax and insurance group reasons ? It seems that a lot of other manufactorers can get much more power from the same cubic capacity and not sacrific relaibility.

Yes the T-Jet is 'held back' as you say, just look at the Abarth and the Abarth SS, much more power but on the same T-Jet engine, just different map, injectors & turbo basically.

Nahhhhh im the only person to have a modify the car, i know the owner who had it before me very well and it was completely standard so im abit baffled by it, its probably the reason for the high standard power?? plus all i need to really do then is a nice map and a custom exhaust to get good results :)??

Nahhhhh im the only person to have a modify the car, i know the owner who had it before me very well and it was completely standard so im abit baffled by it, its probably the reason for the high standard power?? plus all i need to really do then is a nice map and a custom exhaust to get good results :)??

Weird.. I might have one too, what year is your car?

Mine was RR'd standard @ 147 also :confused:

oooh i hope not :(

i'm gonna have a look at mine tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed!

AMD I got mine RR they are a very well known company so the figures should be accurate from there :)

Back