Off Topic T-jet in 400 mile/tank shock

Currently reading:
Off Topic T-jet in 400 mile/tank shock

jameshobiecat

Established member
Just squeezed 400 miles out of my t-jet on a return motorway trip between bath and Cambridge. Must be a record? It is certainly a pb.

There are only fumes left in the tank but it made it. Trip computer claims 41.2mpg, a fill tomorrow will confirm.

I've gotten 41mpg out of my Bravo T-Jet 150. That was a trip down to Blackburn and back up to Edinburgh. Normally in the high 30s.

Ah but that has a six speed box doesn't it? That would make a massive difference on the motorway.

I wouldn't say I drove like a saint, just sat at an indicated 80 (which is a GPS 74mph) except for in three specs enforced 50 limits and the m25 variable limit.

Yeah I agree, but sometimes boring = cheaper and thats what you have to do, week before payday I drive like a saint, payday = have some fun!

Thats what the mjet is for, drive it how ever you want when ever you want :D Just have to ignore the soul destroying noise when you turn the key every morning. lol

Necked the tank again this morning, as I pulled up to the pump the trip computer was reading 400.8miles :slayer: and 40.9mpg. I managed to get 44.58l in, which if you do the maths gives 40.9mpg. Who says the trip computer isn't accurate?!

Thats what the mjet is for, drive it how ever you want when ever you want :D Just have to ignore the soul destroying noise when you turn the key every morning. lol
30mpg average is what I am on atm, drive reasonably well..... The sports button does not help my cause tho!

6th gear is cancelled out by previous SPORT button use I think :)

Dam right. Driving to Leeds from Newcastle tomorrow in my tmc mjet, going for 57mpg at around 65mph!

Back