front61.jpg

Grande Punto T-Jet down under.

Introduction

Gidday
Sorry this is a bit of a double up as I have this also in Grand punto section but could not add photos yet.

Had my Punto since April 2009. I wanted a cheap car as a daily driver and having a bit of motorway use I needed cruise control. By the time I priced the normal cars avalable here in Australia I noticed Fiat were clearing there 2007 built Puntos. I managed to get a 2008 built T-Jet for less than the basic Japanese car that everyone else buys. Bonus I thought although resale is shocking as no one knows they exist but much more fun and the best looking hatch available here.

So far I have tinted the windows to the legal darkest tint and thats it (sorry recoloured the steering wheel and handbrake stitching the other day which I saw on here).
Plans are to lower it,
remove Fiat and Punto badges (there is not many Puntos here so most people havent a clue what I drive).
replace front grill for badgeless grill and vinyl bumper (although I also have an Audi Q5 so don't want to make them to similar).
Thinking of changing the tail lights and headlights to others that I have seen on here.
Thought of painting the wheels but I do like the factory rims and the colour.
Prefer the shark fin antenna to the Fiat antenna.
Change the induction system and try and find someone to remap her and that should do it.

Pictures below are a few years old but not much has changed.

I did remove the Punto badge yesterday..getting a price to remove and fill the Fiat badge, don't know about that yet

Re: T-Jet down under

The car is basically stock standard and the above pics were after were a few months after I purchased it.
I have changed the seat/steering wheel and handbrake stitching to red along with the 2 dash strips.
Also covered the dash inserts in carbon fibre which I am happy with.

Photos dont show the true colour of the strips, but thats part of the colour.

IMG_09662.jpg

IMG_09711.jpg

Yeah them strips look good don't they! Was thinking of doing mine a Pearly glossy White and then the gauge surround in the same gloss White. You think that will look good? Xx

Yeah White will look nice I just want mine blue because of the theme of the car, White stands out in the interior nicely!
I've already got my speedo surround in blue and although it looks good, I want to do the strips to match

Yeah you know the speedo surround does it still come out glossy? Because of the material was just wondering if it stayed with that matte finish?

As long as you use plenty of wet sandpaper, and spray even coats and then some lacquer you could get a nice glossy finish. I'm not the best person to ask though, I'm sure you can find a guide somewhere.
PS sorry Aussie bloke for the thread spam :)

Back