t-cut?

Currently reading:
t-cut?

CJ_CINQQY

just got a yellow cinqqy but the front wings and bonnet and bottom spolier have faded,the rest of the car is shiny bright yellow but the front is dull,would t-cutting it with a polishing machine make it better?then use some coloured polish?

Alex22

Get some safety cut mate (y) works wonders.... works harder than t-cut with half the effort... and then polish it after. edit: don't use a polishing machine :( it scratches the bodywork
Or u could buy panels off my yellow cinq which i'm breaking :p

check your pm btw (y)

Last edited:
I've just t-cut my red Cinq and it's safe enough to use on the paint and makes a HUGE difference :) It is a lot of work to do even one Cinq by hand though, took me two half days to complete.

Cyber5

Banned
Alex22 said:
Get some safety cut mate (y) works wonders.... works harder than t-cut with half the effort... and then polish it after. edit: don't use a polishing machine :( it scratches the bodywork
Or u could buy panels off my yellow cinq which i'm breaking :p

check your pm btw (y)

Eh?:confused: Machine polishing is better than doing it by hand & is supposed to get rid of scratches.:)

thepottleflump

Shut Up, Fool!
You could try T-cut. I would say try the following

Autoglym Paint Renovator - designed for removal of heavy oxidation. Polish only the oxidised areas. You may need to polish more than once depending on the amount of oxidation.

Follow up with a good polish like Autoglym Super Resin Polish (SRP) - use all over the entire car to get a great shine.

Finally protect the car with Autoglym Extra Gloss Potection (EGP) a long life (3-4 month) sealant i.e. hi-tech wax type protectant. Apply this every 3 months to maintain the protection and shine. If it starts to oxidise again, polish again with SRP and reapply the EGP more regularly.

With a bit of effort and the above products costing no more than £25 from Halfords you'll get a great shine and certainly no need for new panels unless things are seriously bad!

As for machine polishing it'll save you a huge amount of arm work and rapidly restore the paintwork. It won't cause scratches unless you are a complete fool.

Try the above and you won't need to bother with colour polish which is pretty much a sales gimmick.

If you need any more advice drop me a PM or post here.

Last edited: