big vee waxed.jpg

Ducato Swift Bolero

2018 Swift Bolero motorhome.

Introduction

I have had my Swift motorhome 4 years now, not been very lucky, engine siezed @24k miles!
After months of discussion Fiat supplied the engine, injectors and turbo at a reduced price of £3500! Then loc add l Fiat garage charged to remove and refit.

Still made I eyes water paying it 😂
I would complain to the ombudsman as the vehicle is quite young and it appears to be a manufacturing fault as the engine was," not fit for purpose" . I know of someone who did this with a Renault engine and got a full refund.

Thats bad luck
Did they suggest any reason for the oil starvation?

I asked repeatedly but all they kept repeating was oil starvation. I asked for them to give me a probable cause but the never did. I worked on helicopters for 22 years and offshore for 15 years as a mechanic onboard ship so I'm pretty technical in my background. When I asked technical questions, any oil pressure readings from the ECU, any details of temperature of oil and engine at faillure all I got was very weak answers. I've also explained the failure to car mechanic friends and they don't believe it was oil starvation either. :(

Last edited:
Back