Technical Swap uconnect 5 inch non touch screen radio for uconnect 7 inch touch screen on panda 2023

Currently reading:
Technical Swap uconnect 5 inch non touch screen radio for uconnect 7 inch touch screen on panda 2023

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

omajun

Hello everyone,
I have a panda manufactured in 2023 with a uconnect 5” non touchscreen radio shown in 1st and 2nd image and want to change it to a uconnect 7” touchscreen one (3,4,5th image).

They both look very similar at first glance and in fact the base unit is the same 1 din style so it can physically be straight swapped but the connectors are completely different. The 5” non touchscreen one has green and blue square shaped connectors and the 7” touchscreen one has totally different ones.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has done this could share some info on this.

Thanks,
Jun

Attachments

• IMG_9524.png
    IMG_9524.png
    599.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_9515.jpeg
    IMG_9515.jpeg
    975.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9648.jpeg
    IMG_9648.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_9649.jpeg
    IMG_9649.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_9647.jpeg
    IMG_9647.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
Beware, as covered in other posts, a factory radio removed from one Panda will not work in another, as they are tied to the specific security information stored in the original car’s body control computer. So, unless you pay a Fiat dealer a handsome sum to reconfigure the security coding, it’s unlike to work. (The security gateway cannot be reset by third party software)

I got rid of the 7" to upgrade to this lovely Pioneer flip out unit with CD

https://caraudiocentre.co.uk/produc...PvgeMxCTZ5i2NE8-OGBOwxU_J3YCxn58aArAUEALw_wcB

Great sound quality, the screen can fold away and be set to stay out too. Also works perfect with the new central air vents as it doesn't block them. Connects2 cables worked too with it so I have my steering wheel controls. Has DAB and all the bluetooth stuff if that's what your into

Thanks for the info. The cable might wo

https://caraudiocentre.co.uk/produc...PvgeMxCTZ5i2NE8-OGBOwxU_J3YCxn58aArAUEALw_wcB

Great sound quality, the screen can fold away and be set to stay out too. Also works perfect with the new central air vents as it doesn't block them. Connects2 cables worked too with it so I have my steering wheel controls. Has DAB and all the bluetooth stuff if that's what your into in

Great sound quality, the screen can fold away and be set to stay out too. Also works perfect with the new central air vents as it doesn't block them. Connects2 cables worked too with it so I have my steering wheel controls. Has DAB and all the bluetooth stuff if that's what your into

Thanks for the info. The cable might work I will definitely check out the link !

Hello everyone,
I have a panda manufactured in 2023 with a uconnect 5” non touchscreen radio shown in 1st and 2nd image and want to change it to a uconnect 7” touchscreen one (3,4,5th image).

They both look very similar at first glance and in fact the base unit is the same 1 din style so it can physically be straight swapped but the connectors are completely different. The 5” non touchscreen one has green and blue square shaped connectors and the 7” touchscreen one has totally different ones.

I would greatly appreciate if anyone who has done this could share some info on this.

Thanks,
Jun
Ah. I was planning same as you. I thought that connector of 5 and 7 are the same. I was shocked a little about this information.
By the way, do you know how the frame of uconnect5 is removed? Just pull it?

Ah. I was planning same as you. I thought that connector of 5 and 7 are the same. I was shocked a little about this information.
By the way, do you know how the frame of uconnect5 is removed? Just pull it?
I was the same on the connectors till I saw it! I don’t know when Fiat changes the wiring or it’s been always like that. It’s very frustrating as there is little information about it.

Removing the connect5 is pretty simple. The front cover is fitted with four brackets on each conner and there are four little rectangle holes on both the top and the bottom part of the head unit and you take the covert off by putting a flat head screw driver or similar kind in them. Once you remove the cover there are four screws that attach the main unit to the base unit and that is it. The front cover might be a bit stiff but it will come off.

Please let me know if you have some info on that.

I was the same on the connectors till I saw it! I don’t know when Fiat changes the wiring or it’s been always like that. It’s very frustrating as there is little information about it.

Removing the connect5 is pretty simple. The front cover is fitted with four brackets on each conner and there are four little rectangle holes on both the top and the bottom part of the head unit and you take the covert off by putting a flat head screw driver or similar kind in them. Once you remove the cover there are four screws that attach the main unit to the base unit and that is it. The front cover might be a bit stiff but it will come off.

Please let me know if you have some info on that.
Jun-san
Thank yuou for reply.
I understand how to remove the connect5.
I think the connect 7 should be installed in the first place. Not the poor connect5.

Yes, share any information we have.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back