Technical SUSPENSIONS - 500 Sport - 500 Turbo

Currently reading:
Technical SUSPENSIONS - 500 Sport - 500 Turbo

BuddyLuh

Hey Fiat Forum,

This is officially my FIRST post. Possibly of many. But I have an important question I need answered ASAP.

My wife and I are about to order a 2015 Fiat 500 Turbo for her. But when we went to test drive one all they had at the dealership was a Fiat 500 Sport. My wife fell in love with the ride.

So what I need to know is if the Fiat 500 Turbo has the same suspension as the Sport model? ?Has anybody here driven both? She is mostly ordering the car for the ride quality. So if the 500 Turbo is different from the sport that's all I'll hear for the next 5-6 years lol

Thanks Fiat Forum!

Do you mean the twin air? Or Abarth models?

Neither, America gets a four cylinder Multiair Turbo model.

In the global market, all non Abarth models have the same suspension. I don't know about the US Turbo. If it does have the same suspension as the NA model, it will actually ride a bit softer as the Turbo is a fraction heavier.

Sorry the post is late, just joined the forum.

500 Turbo in USA gets the same suspension as the 500 Sport. As I understand it, it's in many ways similar to the BASE Abarth in EU, whereas our Abarth is equivalent to the Esseesse.

so basically this:

500 Pop - soft suspension, 1.4 Multiair 101bhp.
500 Lounge - even softer suspension?, 1.4 Multiair 101bhp
500 Sport - sport suspension, 1.4 Multiair 101bhp.
500 Turbo - sport suspension, 1.4 Turbo 130bhp.
500 Abarth - Abarth suspension, lower ride height, 1.4 Turbo 160bhp.

There is some debate as to where the Pop and Sport are different - some say they're the same, but those who have driven both insist the Pop has a softer setup.

However, the key question here is: Sport suspension = Turbo suspension, which is true. Weight difference is negligible.

Sorry the post is late, just joined the forum.

500 Turbo in USA gets the same suspension as the 500 Sport. As I understand it, it's in many ways similar to the BASE Abarth in EU, whereas our Abarth is equivalent to the Esseesse.

so basically this:

500 Pop - soft suspension, 1.4 Multiair 101bhp.
500 Lounge - even softer suspension?, 1.4 Multiair 101bhp
500 Sport - sport suspension, 1.4 Multiair 101bhp.
500 Turbo - sport suspension, 1.4 Turbo 130bhp.
500 Abarth - Abarth suspension, lower ride height, 1.4 Turbo 160bhp.

There is some debate as to where the Pop and Sport are different - some say they're the same, but those who have driven both insist the Pop has a softer setup.

However, the key question here is: Sport suspension = Turbo suspension, which is true. Weight difference is negligible.
the pop probably feels softer due to the difference in wheel size = )

Back