Technical Suspensión bushes

Currently reading:
Technical Suspensión bushes

Hi all, apologies if this is already covered in another thread, but I think it is a good idea to change all the bushes in both front and back as the my car sat in a field for 4 years without any use so they probably are shot through.

I have no knowledge whatsoever of which parts I need to do the whole job, can anyone advise. Ive found various suppliers of the parts but have got lost in the language as I don't understand which part of the suspension and or wishbone is which and can't work out how many of which part I need.

Thanks in advance.

Well ratty, any car that sat in a field for four years would require far more than just a few bushes need changing. A pair of full wishbones for starters, drop links, inner & outer linkage more than likely, anti roll bar bushes, the list goes on. As for the rear, even at an educated guess full suspension refresh/change. It's a big job for anyone never mind a novice.

Stating the obvious, rust will be your enemy & I will firmly say you WILL uncover more problems than you could imagine. I certainly do not want to burst your bubble, but I would go as far to say that once you get under the car you'll find it's not really doable. In saying that how deep are your pockets..;)

Best of luck.

Hi thanks for that, mostly everything has already been done, shes been in prep for about 6 months now and is used daily, so generally all good. Already spent a small fortune more than I anticipated but all seems worth it when you out and about.

The level of risk underneath was available, in needed some work but not a rebuild. Might be worth mentioning she was in a field in Mallorca, so very little rain in comparison to UK.

first up for me after the obvious being an oil and filter change, would be new wishbones and trailing arm kits. Not to expensive and the car would most likely be needing the job done not to mention checking the rest of the fluids, brakes, tranny , etc.

Thanks, all the core servicing stuff is done, new timing belt and water pump as well , new heat shield which made an incredible difference to the horrendous nose it was making from cold.

Do you have any recommendations for suppliers of bushes or arms?

Last edited:
Back