General sunroof

Currently reading:
General sunroof

kaboom

hi guys
im new to this forum and am still floating about looking for a manual sunroof for a mk1 punto(tilt n slide).
now my question is........can anyone on here point out anywhere that i can get a new one from?

cheers

Dont bother

Tilt and slide are really only a factory fit as the roof panel is different. Glass tilt and remove can be fitted but are small and inconvenient to use. You can get an external sliding roof but costs megabux and IMHO look crap. Some Pug 205s had them.

More importantly they all create lots of wind noise and thumpy-thump turbulence. IMHO a feature we never needed and are better off without.

cheers mate.
see the problem is that most of the glass suround is rusted plus the bar that runs around the front isnt there no more due to rust.
if i was to get hold of one do ya know if there are interchangable or not?

or

would the best best be to seal it up with sealant?

Sorry, I thought you wanted to fit one to a plain roof. :eek:

You will have to go to a breakers and get the parts you need. The roof lining will probably have to come out and dont forget to blow the drain tubes through or it will leak, however good the parts are.

It might be cheaper and easier to cut a roof panel from a breakers car and have a bodyshop weld it into (not over) your roof. Take the plain roof lining too sunroof linings are different.

sorry my bad. my punto already has a sunroof but its root and i wonna replace it. from wot iv found out so far is that i have to drop the roof lining out and undo the bolts that hold the sunroof up. then it should be a simple swap over. yeah will blow the drain pipes out as i dont fancy it leaking bk into the car.

cheers for ya help and one is off to the scrap yard to see wot i can get

Back