Technical sunroof problem again

Currently reading:
Technical sunroof problem again

I've been reading all the threads but I cant find an answer. So I replaced my sunroof last year and it worked fine until recently, but now it wont open and the blind wont close. Ive tried another front motor and its just the same. When I do the reset by pushing and holding the round button in I can hear the horrible noise of the cable jumping, click click click. The roof opens and shuts fine manually using the winder in the motor housing. The front motor also runs smoothly when holding in the round button with the drive wheel out of the drive hole and the motor will also shut the roof using the same re-set by holding the round button in. Any ideas ? Who is our resident sunroof expert ? I dont understand why the roof wont open and close electrically and the blind wont shut at all

I don't understand, does it skip the glass roof or the curtain? In both cases, close both the glass roof and the curtain manually. Insert the Z key into the front engine bay, hold the key firmly so that it does not move, and press the central reset button. Hold the button until you feel the pressure of the engine on the key loosen. Do the same for the curtain, but on the rear engine. In both cases, you will feel a strong pressure at the beginning of the reset, and then a sudden release of engine power. When you do this, you will reset the motors to their initial positions. It is very important that you hold the key firmly during the reset, because the motors are very strong and during the procedure, you must not hear the gears jumping on the cable. If skipping is heard despite the correctly performed procedure, the gear of the front, rear or both motors is probably eaten and must be replaced because the material of the cable is harder and the gear is always damaged. In the case of the roof cable, they can break at the beginning of raising the first segment of the roof, and in the case of the curtain cable, the plastic side guides that pull the curtain break.

I don't understand, does it skip the glass roof or the curtain? In both cases, close both the glass roof and the curtain manually. Insert the Z key into the front engine bay, hold the key firmly so that it does not move, and press the central reset button. Hold the button until you feel the pressure of the engine on the key loosen. Do the same for the curtain, but on the rear engine. In both cases, you will feel a strong pressure at the beginning of the reset, and then a sudden release of engine power. When you do this, you will reset the motors to their initial positions. It is very important that you hold the key firmly during the reset, because the motors are very strong and during the procedure, you must not hear the gears jumping on the cable. If skipping is heard despite the correctly performed procedure, the gear of the front, rear or both motors is probably eaten and must be replaced because the material of the cable is harder and the gear is always damaged. In the case of the roof cable, they can break at the beginning of raising the first segment of the roof, and in the case of the curtain cable, the plastic side guides that pull the curtain break.
Its the front motor that skips when the round button is pressed (the glass roof is shut), the blind stuck open. I will need to get the headlining out again to follow your suggestion as I cant get enough access to the rear motor to fit in the manual winder. The roof had been working fine but I was on the motorway and it was whistling as if the front section that tilts was not fully down, so I decided to push the round button in, thinking it would re-set/relocate the closing position of that piece of glass. Big mistake as it made a horrible mechanical noise (click click click) and then refused to open again.

By skipping that, he lost sync. The roof and the curtain must be brought to the initial position, and then perform a reset as I explained.

By skipping that, he lost sync. The roof and the curtain must be brought to the initial position, and then perform a reset as I explained.
The roof and blind are now both completely shut, I shut blind manually with an allen key with a piece of pipe on the end to save having to remove the headlining. Still when I press the round button in to reset it all I get is the mechanical click click click noise. The roof or blind wont open electrically at all. Any other ideas ? My guess is I need to remove the sunroof completely and take off the thin piece of steel which is front metal cable protector to see whats happened, the problem is the roof has to be removed from the car in order to do this so I might just leave it.

So roof shut, blind drawn manually.

No errors showing in Multi ECU scan in "Body" section (Pan sunroof) but still nothing working at all. In fact latest thing is no noise at all now when the round button is pressed and held in. Anybody got anymore ideas please ?
The "Gerr, Gerr, Gerr", noise which I assume is the drive cable slipping on the motor drive wheel is back when the round button is pressed in. Checked both fuses 45 & 46 and they are OK. Still no movement from blind or roof when open bline button is pushed and no movement from roof when round button is turned to open roof.

Try this: open both the roof and the curtain manually. When they open all the way, press the reset button and hold it until the roof closes first, then the curtain. The curtain should move immediately after closing the roof. If the roof starts to skip when it reaches the end, the curtain will not start. Then, probably, the gear of the roof has to be changed. Clamping the parts through which the cables pass and where the gear is located can also help.

Attachments

• IMG_20220408_170651.jpg
    IMG_20220408_170651.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
Back