General ******* sunroof leaking again!!!!!!!

Currently reading:
General ******* sunroof leaking again!!!!!!!

Infact, go a step further. The Megane had standard radio controls behind the steering wheel, why was this not on the Bravo/a as standard? Variable intermitant speed control on the front wipers? Not present on the Bravo/a but present on cars such as the Megane. Clock built onto the radio on the Brava/o so lost if you ever replace it, a car with no clock?! Of course the Megane had a centrally mounted, orange digital clock with....outdoor temperature sensor and ice warning device. Electric mirrors on the SX? No, not for Fiat but the same model of Megane had them standard. Decent cloth on the SX seats Fiat? No thanks, people apparently don't want it. Lumber support control on the seats? Not a chance.

Fiat gave it nice engines and fair mechanics but forgot about the rest of it too much in my opinion. I love my Brava, I couldn't have got a better car for the money and I love the JTD engine (too good for the car IMO). However, I can see so many shortcomings with the car which I just don't understand. Fiat should have known the rear wiper motor was rubbish and that the tube for the rear wash wipe came undone, they should have known that the door handles go awful and the the headlights needed redesigning and they should have known that the sunroof design was leading towards problems. They should have added the creature comforts standard on so many equivalent cars at the time and it would have made the Bravo/a range a much, much better car for the sake of what? £50 per car?

Jug, I am sure this helps you solve your problem ;) Sorry. I shall end my rant for now.

Last edited:
The Negotiator...i suggest you should buy a megane :)

one other thing i would like to point out, when i was looking at changing my car and bought a brava...Insurance quotes!
(both third party)
Renault Megane Coupe 2.0i 16v £520
Fiat Brava 1.6i 16v £550
eh?

But as I mentioned, to get the equivalent DCI Megane it would cost me 1-2k more than the Brava, hence not an option. I am personally happy to "put up with" the failings of the Brava for the cost saving as I am fully capable of meeting its shortfalls. I am just angry those shortfalls exist when they didn't need to as shown by other cars of the time.

The point of my post is that Fiat got it right in many ways but fell short on stupid little things which should never has got through QC/QA. It's insane that in the mid 90s standards were at that point.

Back