SUBS

Currently reading:
SUBS

tom35i

Hey:D

i hav a kenwood KRC-759R stereo in my cinq. i need to know if i can get a way with not putting a amp in my car to power a sub cos the head unit has the outputs for me to just plug in the sub.

i have not decided wat sub i am going to get as i need to know if i need a amp 1st

cheers[^]

Famous Face Duel

famousfaceduel.evil.nu

U 'HAVE' to have an AMP or it will either sound S**T or not wrk. And tho's outputs plug into an amp and jus give the amp pure bass to thump out rather than having to filter out the treb etc through the amp.

FIAT CinqueCento = Recycled Ferrari :D

Some headunits (Pioneers) do allow you to run a sub as if it were a rear speaker (i.e. by bridging the 2 rear speaker out-puts), but they sound awuful because headunits just arn't powerful enough for this.
You really need to buy yourself an amp, but on a budget you can get one for £60.

Si.
2.0 20v HGT + Superchip + NOS (soon)

I'm considering subs myself atm. I don't want to fill my boot with audio, as I need the space for other things, so I was looking at other options. I came across this:

SRV303 active subwoofer

I haven't checked the space available under my seats yet.

I'm not sure how well it will produce bass though, as it looks a bit 'thin'. I might be better just putting my old 6x9's in the parcel shelf. But the missus doesn't want me modding that either. [V]

ive got a twin bass box with tqwo 10"s in it and i plugged it up to my head unit using my speaker ports as i didnt have any money to buy an amp but when i switched the head unit on it sounded like i was just running crap rear speaker so i just connected up my 6x9's and left them in as it was more fuller sound

The younger modder

Back