Technical Subframe bushes.help at last?

Currently reading:
Technical Subframe bushes.help at last?

nuddmann

Folks, just registered here in order to post this but the site won't let me post a URL until I've made 5 posts.

Just found a seller on Ebay, based in portugal and a recent trader, but 100% feedback, selling rear subframe bushes for the Multipla years 99-04

The seller is called "onlybushes" and I found it purely by chance putting "Marea bush" in the Ebay search engine. They have a Buy It Now price oif £80 plus £13 P&P

I'm definitely not connected with them, my DIY skills extend to filling the washer bottle! Having seen so much on the forum relating to this subject I thought it might help a few people out, myself included come MOT time :)

Jave just contaced seller to see if they do the front bushes, will post if I get an answer

Last edited:
Just had a reply from the Ebay seller, they're expecting front subframe bushes in next month. Hope this is as good news as it sounds and a good old British 2 fingered salute to the money grabbing gits at Fiat :D

Bernie

I hope so, there are plenty of people on the forum looking for these bushes so we should find out soon

Hi, just registered dnt no how 2 do this!! Am in desperate need of help!! Have a 2001 fiat multipla diesel! Havin complete nitemare wiv it! Had 2 get new indicator switch! Cudnt switch headlites off! Got it put on n now car wont start! Tried jump start, push start and just put new battery in it! Starts then cuts out again! Any1 got any ideas???

Hi, just registered dnt no how 2 do this!! Am in desperate need of help!! Have a 2001 fiat multipla diesel! Havin complete nitemare wiv it! Had 2 get new indicator switch! Cudnt switch headlites off! Got it put on n now car wont start! Tried jump start, push start and just put new battery in it! Starts then cuts out again! Any1 got any ideas???
Hi

Sounds like you have lost the security code for the immobiliser when you disconected the batterry. If you still have the RED key you should hopefully be able to start it. If not You need to talk to Fiat. I don't want to fighten you but if you can't get a new RED key. I think you may have to purchase a new set of locks, keys, and even the ECU. I worked at a garage that bought a batch of Punto,s 2 of them had no red keys, hope it's not the same for you. Fingers crossed and good luck Greg

Just had a reply from the Ebay seller, they're expecting front subframe bushes in next month. Hope this is as good news as it sounds and a good old British 2 fingered salute to the money grabbing gits at Fiat :D

Bernie
Found these too. They were described as Fiat Multipla Rear Subframe Front bushes ebay no 220711307822. I sent email asking if they fit Marea. They say they checked with their supplier and the reply was YES they also said they fit Palio,1/4/1996 - Bravo/ Brava 1-10-1995 to 31-10-2001 . However if you go onto ebay now the listing has been altered it now says Fiat Multipla,Marea,Bravo Rear Subframe Rear Bushes and clearly shows a parts diagram with the Rear bushes circled. Think this needs clarifying and £93 for 2 is a lot. Much cheaper than a subframe though.

Found these too. They were described as Fiat Multipla Rear Subframe Front bushes ebay no 220711307822. I sent email asking if they fit Marea. They say they checked with their supplier and the reply was YES they also said they fit Palio,1/4/1996 - Bravo/ Brava 1-10-1995 to 31-10-2001 . However if you go onto ebay now the listing has been altered it now says Fiat Multipla,Marea,Bravo Rear Subframe Rear Bushes and clearly shows a parts diagram with the Rear bushes circled. Think this needs clarifying and £93 for 2 is a lot. Much cheaper than a subframe though.
Guess what just went back onto ebay and onlybushes are now listing Marea Rear Subframe FRONT bushes ebay no 220713552711. £70 a pair + £13 p&p

Folks, just registered here in order to post this but the site won't let me post a URL until I've made 5 posts.

Just found a seller on Ebay, based in portugal and a recent trader, but 100% feedback, selling rear subframe bushes for the Multipla years 99-04

The seller is called "onlybushes" and I found it purely by chance putting "Marea bush" in the Ebay search engine. They have a Buy It Now price oif £80 plus £13 P&P

I'm definitely not connected with them, my DIY skills extend to filling the washer bottle! Having seen so much on the forum relating to this subject I thought it might help a few people out, myself included come MOT time :)

Jave just contaced seller to see if they do the front bushes, will post if I get an answer
Gues what just went back on ebay and only bushes are listing REAR SUBFRAME FRONT bushes ebay no 220713552711

Hi

Sounds like you have lost the security code for the immobiliser when you disconected the batterry. If you still have the RED key you should hopefully be able to start it. If not You need to talk to Fiat. I don't want to fighten you but if you can't get a new RED key. I think you may have to purchase a new set of locks, keys, and even the ECU. I worked at a garage that bought a batch of Punto,s 2 of them had no red keys, hope it's not the same for you. Fingers crossed and good luck Greg

multiplas don't come with red keys only 2 blue keys, but you are right it maybe necessary to get the immobiliser re-programmed
BTW is the immobiliser transponder receiver near the indicator switch. maybe this has been disturbed (loose connections?)

Went back on ebay this morning and found a new supplier for MAREA/BRAVA/BRAVO/MULTIPLA SUBFRAME BUSHES. The Motorist Warehouse.
Rear Subframe REAR Bush No 330510477557 £44.99 + £5.99 p&p
Rear Subframe FRONT Bush No 320633256637 £44.99 + £5.99 p&p
Might be worth trying your local motor factor now they must be available at long last. Much better price than only bushes too. Loads of these bushes are now made in India don't know what the quality is like but the firms are all ISO9001 registered so should be fine.

Last edited:
Went back on ebay this morning and found a new supplier for MAREA/BRAVA/BRAVO/MULTIPLA SUBFRAME BUSHES. The Motorist Warehouse.
Rear Subframe REAR Bush No 330510477557 £44.99 + £5.99 p&p
Rear Subframe FRONT Bush No 320633256637 £44.99 + £5.99 p&p
Might be worth trying your local motor factor now they must be available at long last. Much better price than only bushes too. Loads of these bushes are now made in India don't know what the quality is like but the firms are all ISO9001 registered so should be fine.

I emailed The Motorist Warehouse yesterday, the bushes referred to in Greg's post have to be modified as per an earlier post on this forum, so don't fit the multipla straight from the packet. Unfortunately. Ok if you're handy with a grinder or have a tame mechanic. Not so good for us washer bottle only numpties!

Last edited:
I bought these on Ebay:

multiplabushkit.jpg

I will be fitting them soon.

I emailed The Motorist Warehouse yesterday, the bushes referred to in Greg's post have to be modified as per an earlier post on this forum, so don't fit the multipla straight from the packet. Unfortunately. Ok if you're handy with a grinder or have a tame mechanic. Not so good for us washer bottle only numpties!
Sorry thought you had a Marea. Anyway the Motorist Warehouse bushes are by www.firstfine.co.uk and should be available through most motor factors. Don't ask for Marea Bushes though as they are not listed. Assuming Motorist Warehouse description is correct, the part nos you require are (FSM2026 Rear Subframe FRONT bush) & (FSM2029 Rear Subframe REAR bush) FSM2029 also fit Tempra & Tipa. If you want to check it out for yourself go to www.firstline.co.uk click on WEBCAT and follow through, it's easy and free.

This is getting really silly. I spoke to First Line the supplier of the bushes Motorist Warehouse are selling on ebay. First Line say that they DO NOT fit Marea, Multipla or Palio as claimed. I also spoke to Motorist Warehouse and they said that some people modify them to fit Multipla, but they cannot confirm that they fit Marea, so why are the advertising that they do.

Just a quick plug for the brilliant Euro Car Care in Derby who fixed our rear subframe front bushes really reasonably (just a few hours' labour really) and reckon they're now well placed to source more if needed by anyone else. They're singlehandedly keeping our lovely ugly bug on the road!

Back