Sub Without a pre out Headunit? (Grande punto)

Currently reading:
Sub Without a pre out Headunit? (Grande punto)

L44BulmerLTB

I have a 1.2 active grande punto, 56' plate.

I was wondering if it can be done WITHOUT buying a new headunit? I know you need 'preamp' connectors, red & white i believe, but is there anywhere on the back of the standard radio that will allow for the connections? i dont have blue&me.

If someone could link a tutorial, or can help, please comment!

Cheers!!

liam

Re: Sub Without a Headunit?

i bought the fiat sub that fits in the boot, its probs not brilliant for some people but i find it works fine, and really easy to wire, just plugs straight in if you've got the loom

Re: Sub Without a Headunit?

i had it done with 2 of these:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUTOLEADS-PC1...&ps=63&clkid=8085063818264903802#ht_500wt_922

not 100% sure how to fit as i had a trained audio guy do it
but it looks like you get your left speaker wire and attach this to it, then do the same with your right
(would have thought you could do it with 1?)
then you run cables through to the back of the car

you can also do it using your rear speakers so you dont need as much wire, the 1 st way is easier as you dont need to take your car panels of :) someone correct me if im wrong :p

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
cheers for the tips! I'm going to try that FLI converter, i faffed around with the standard headunit before to make an aux cable.
- Does anyone know if the quality is affected by having a standard headunit? i.e. is it better if you buy a new one?

dont really want to replace the factory one, as im worried it might get nicked!!

yo.... if your using the fli converter.... once you've plugged the red n white wires in.... where does the blue remote imput go? cos im pretty sure my fiat stilo sporting wont have one :s cheers

Back