General Stuck Spark Plug

Currently reading:
General Stuck Spark Plug

If I gapped the spark plugs wrong, would it make a noticeable difference to how the car drives?

yes

I think spark plugs come ready gapped

But too small a gap and too large a gap can mean the spark is too small and can get washed out by the fuel, or something along those lines [am sure there is a technical term for it]

Oops, I didn't measure exactly how big the gap was on the NGK ones before I changed it. So whats the best way to rectify this?

just gap it again to the right specs

and the gap is supposed to be 0.7mm? maybe I should've looked on the NGK website before I fitted them:rolleyes:

I'd leave them alone.............

I probably would, but theres been a noticeable drop in power and it's getting on my nerves. So hopefully changing them back will cure the problem(y)

and the gap is supposed to be 0.7mm? maybe I should've looked on the NGK website before I fitted them:rolleyes:

I probably would, but theres been a noticeable drop in power and it's getting on my nerves. So hopefully changing them back will cure the problem(y)

Whoops, mine doesn't run brilliantly after a head rebuild and I gapped my NGK plugs too. I wonder if it'll make a difference re doing them?:confused:
Does the Haynes manual not give correct gaps then or are the KGK plugs set to run on NGK settings for the Cinq no matter what Fiat or Haynes tell us?

Whoops, mine doesn't run brilliantly after a head rebuild and I gapped my NGK plugs too. I wonder if it'll make a difference re doing them?:confused:
Does the Haynes manual not give correct gaps then or are the KGK plugs set to run on NGK settings for the Cinq no matter what Fiat or Haynes tell us?
Glad I'm not the only one to make this mistake(y)
Beforehand I didn't know that the NGK plugs come already gapped, so I just did it to the Haynes manual measurement, now I assume that that measurement is for the reccomended Champion plugs only. On the NGK website it says 0.7mm not the 0.9mm in the Haynes book.

I had a go at re-gapping mine today but took it for a quick spin afterwards and it didn'd seem any better:bang:. Not sure what to do now:confused:.

All four on mine were as tight as wheel nuts today when I tried to remove them......

I conviced when I get the head off and take a look I will find they were all cross threaded :cry:

Followed the Haynes manual instructions on how to reset the ECU, then went out for a short but "fairly spirited" drive and I think its fixed the problem(y). Is the engine code light supposed to come on when you are resetting the ecu?

No. But I'd not leave it idleing. Gi it a blast instead.

I only let it idle for 2 minutes cos the haynes manual said so, then had quick race up a dual carriageway and back down some country lanes:D.
Seems like its working ok now, maybe the ECU was used to running with the old plugs air filter etc.

Back