Technical Strut top mounts

Currently reading:
Technical Strut top mounts

The rubber spring seat is a separate part. I think Rytis sells them too, and the big flat ones at the bottom of the spring that sits in the seat pan. In the overall scheme of things they're not a lot of money and if you've gone to the trouble of removing and stripping the struts it's worth checking the condition of the old ones.

Can you remember if your own were perished when you replaced them?
Eper is showing 7602150 but if i check ebay for that part it looks like it includes the turntable bearing.
I might just drop the struts and have a look at them.
Marty.

Yes, mine were perished. If you grab a torch & a small mirror, it's just about possible to check their condition while they're still on the car. You'll see several splits on the skirt-part of the seat where it sticks out past the first turn of the coil. Same goes for the large one in the strut spring pan, at the bottom of the spring. The castellations on the top-most part of the seats get very squashed and out of shape, but you won't see that until the struts are stripped down.

As you say, the top one is "insulating ring" on ePER, p/n 7602150. The bottom rubber seat is called a "thrust ring" on ePER for some reason. Item 8, p/n 46510950. Rytis doesn't list it but might be worth sending him a PM through the forum as he's got hold of stuf for me in the past even if it isn't shown in his store. Google spat this out when I prodded it, so you may be able to get yourself a bargain:

http://www.desiraparts.com/product/THRUST_RING_46510950

LH and RH parts are the same, as the springs are all wound in the same direction.

Last edited:
Back