Strikethrough on new ePER

Currently reading:
Strikethrough on new ePER

Tipo19GR

Good afternoon,

First of all congratulations on the brandnew implementation of the ePER system. I and most probably many others are very grateful for that work. :)

I have one question about the new interface. I was looking for the part number of a hydraulic power steering pipe for an Alfa Romeo 159 and it is displayed as crossed out (like this). How should I interpret that?

Have a great day!

Good afternoon,

First of all congratulations on the brandnew implementation of the ePER system. I and most probably many others are very grateful for that work. :)

I have one question about the new interface. I was looking for the part number of a hydraulic power steering pipe for an Alfa Romeo 159 and it is displayed as crossed out (like this). How should I interpret that?

Have a great day!
This means you had search for your vehicle via its VIN.

The listing pages will strike through any parts that aren't relevant for your specific vehicle 😊

Thank you for your swift reply.

That is odd though, because that means the system says there is no high pressure hydraulic pipe from the power steering pump to the steering rack. The part that I need does seem to conform to one of the crossed out part numbers, but I am unsure whether to order it, because of the strikethrough :S

edit: I search by delimiting model (Alfa Romeo 159 1.9 JTDm 136hp 2007) which is M91 in the catalogue.
Alfa 159 PS.JPG

Thank you for the kind words on ePER. I'm out at the moment but I'll take a look when I get home. If you don't mind providing your vin that would be a great help. The logic that works out which parts are correct for which vehicle is quite complex so you may have hit on something that needs fixing.

Hi, there is definitely something that needs fixing, thank you for raising the problem and apologies for it not working. It looks like the way SINCOM data is held for Alfas is subtly different from Fiats. No excuses but we mainly tested Fiats when we did our tests! I'm not going to try to fix it tonight but should be able to make sense of it tomorrow with a bit of luck. Just to keep you going here is the original v84 ePER screenshot of that page with the filtering applied correctly, I hope it helps:
1697146795596.png

Thank you so much for providing the table from the old system, I very much appreciate it. I have now been able to order the part.

I realise that the Fiat forum might not be the place for Alfa Romeo owners (I do own a Fiat as well though :) ) but it would be wonderful if you could in any way fix the system. :)

This will definitely get fixed as it makes the system generally better. Only issue is that I have a recurrence of an occasional problem I get with my hip that makes it painful to sit and work at a desk. Since I need to concentrate on getting this right I've decided to wait for a couple of days until the pain goes away and I can focus properly.

Back