Styling Strange Question: Punto bumper weight for shipping...

Currently reading:
Styling Strange Question: Punto bumper weight for shipping...

Hello all!

So a random question. I'm looking at buying a front bumper for a mk2 punto on ebay but seeing as I can't pick it up and they want pick up only...i'm trying to get a quote for a courier to pick it up. Problem is...I don't know the weight or even a rough idea :s bit difficult for ur average person to weigh a bumper lol. I can get rough dimensions from the bumper already on my car but does anybody have an idea of the weight? or how I could find out? aside from taking my bumper off my car and weighing it...(which involves taking boooth wheels off n headlights out etc...)

Any help wud be fab :D

You'd be charged on bulk as well as weight - car vans can't take them so it requires a transit (more expense) and if they want to be fussy you could be charge extra handling fees because it's awkward to carry. You might also face the problem where the seller won't be able to wait in for the courier - we say 10 minutes but that can mean anywhere upto 2 hours+ :devil:

You'd be charged on bulk as well as weight - car vans can't take them so it requires a transit (more expense) and if they want to be fussy you could be charge extra handling fees because it's awkward to carry. You might also face the problem where the seller won't be able to wait in for the courier - we say 10 minutes but that can mean anywhere upto 2 hours+ :devil:

yeah kinda sucks cause its really being a struggle. but seeing as this is the first bumper iv found in 6 months that i can afford and wanna buy...lol u wudnt think a standard(!) painted bumper wud b difficult to find....:mad: but it is so if i can get it shipped for £20 or less thn wanna do it :( the seller is happy to have it picked up by courier tho so i suppose if they can suggest a date cause tbh the seller would have to wait in anyway for me to pick it up...altho have asked them about bubble wrapping it or something to cause I cant wrap it seeing as I'm not there... just want a bumper:cry:

I just baught a mk2 rear bumper and the seller asked for £8.50 for 48 hour courier service. Should be here monday!

Back