Technical strange light problem

Currently reading:
Technical strange light problem

fiatuser90

Hi, i have an x1/9 and whenever i turn on the dipped beam the rear lights go out! on side lights all is well. also the reverse and indicators rears still work with dipped beam. i have checked all fuses and relays. i understand this may be an earthing problem and i have checked as many as i can find but if you have a list of them i would be grateful. thanks for any help.

Hi, i have an x1/9 and whenever i turn on the dipped beam the rear lights go out! on side lights all is well. also the reverse and indicators rears still work with dipped beam. i have checked all fuses and relays. i understand this may be an earthing problem and i have checked as many as i can find but if you have a list of them i would be grateful. thanks for any help.

I'd say look at earth points at the rear, cant help with location sorry, probably in the boot area. I hate earthing faults they can be a bitch. Try a new seperate earth on each rear light unit maybe? If that doesnt help do the same at the front light dip circuit. Could be a switch problem possibly too...

Back