Technical stilo shocks or springs advice

Currently reading:
Technical stilo shocks or springs advice

hi sorry to be a hijacker. my front passenger road spring has just snapped. any idea how much it will cost to get it replaced at a garage. ( at a guess) cheers guys and gals

Well your supposed to do both springs at the same time im gonna replace the front two with kilen springs which are same ride height but better quality than oem they are £60 and a garage quoted £130 to fit them.

But i thought that was too expensive and im going to take the struts off myself and bring them to a garage to remove the old springs and refit the new 1s and then im gonna put the struts back on. Theres a guide in the guides section and doesnt sound too difficult.

You might want to budget for new nuts and bolts too depending on the shape of things. £130 for fitting sounds a little extreme, I had coilovers fitted for £45, I wouldn't expect a mechanic to be allowing for any more than 2 hours at a MEGA stretch and the going rate for an exceptional mechanic here is £40 per hour, so shop around a little.

thanks guys. hopefully i'll have it done next week along with the timing belt.just a quicky about that.. i've read you should have the water pump thingy done at the same time, any ideas about cost it's a 1'6 16v dynamic. getting back to the suspension. it's always felt like there is no suspension on the car because everytime i hit anything larger than a fly i dislodge a vertabrey. but since the spring snapped( which seems to be the very very bottom turn which is about 2 or 3 inchs long it doesn't seem to handle any different or feel different in fact if i dint have the piece i wouldn't know. ) any ideas or is the whole system pooped

I was driving home on the motorway cruisin when there was a loud metal bang think my front right spring has definitly gone now. The spring catcher must have worked cause im still here but i dont really notice anything different when lookin at the spring. But when driving over ramps i can here like metal clunk so im pretty sure its buggered. Wanted them changed this week but the place im getting the springs from is closed this week for bank holiday.

Back