Technical stilo p0105

Currently reading:
Technical stilo p0105

svetljotod

Hello friedns, i have Stilo 1,6 2001, my problem is above 2-3 winters, when it's cold above 5-6 C degrees, when i start cold engine, and after 20 metres the engine cutting off with light warning -check engine-. When i started it again the engine cutting off, than i started again and press the accelarate pedal for 5 seconds in 3-4 milles revs and than it's ok it that'snt cutting off. THe MIL is stayed, i have cable with MES and it's every way the fault p0105, it's happened in 20 days, when is cold in the same way always. I erase the fault to the next time, when the problem is repeated. WHat i can do? It's a fault which is provoced sometimes about 20 days. it's not permanent. The map sensor i think but i read in forum the similars threads, it's not the same. Please help.

I cleaned the connector on the map sensor. But today the same problem is happened. Others ideas? I have MES , how can i test the map sensor with the program software and also the vaccum air leaks can MES detect them? What to do? I dont want to buy new map and the problem can still exist. Help

MAP sensor you cannot really 'test' on software, you can only really verify the output of it.

You can set the software - MultiECUScan being recommended - to display the out put graphs for a number of parameters, manifold pressure being one of them.

Obviously at idle you should probably be vaccing (i.e. negative manifold pressure) but when you apply the throttle you should build some boost. You'll only build a very very small amount if revving when stationary. Under load whilst accelerating you should hit max boost which I think is in the region of 1.5-2bar pressure. 3 bar being around 30psi. Diesels do build good boost but don't quote me on exact figures, it's been a while since I've tinkered with one!

Of course if you have a wiring fault the above may not actually be of any benefit to you, as you'll not know if it's a wiring issue or a sensor issue that's showing you any abnormality you see.

Did you note the part number on your MAP sensor whilst you were there? Ultimately I think the only way you'll know for sure whether its the sensor or wiring is to try another sensor.

Vac leaks cannot be tested, no. It does tend to be fairly obvious when the turbo actuator system drops it's vacuum, as you'll get stuck in high boost mode. So you will end up with a heap of turbo lag then all of a sudden kick off like a rocket mid rev range. It tends to be quite pronounced.

Again MultiECUScan does have an actuator test for this. It has to be performed with the engine off, so it's running on stored vacuum - as with engine off you can't produce any. So you can only really run the test effectively once, maybe twice. If you run it, you're looking for the turbo actuator arm to be moving about 10mm and will cycle four or five times in the test.

Last edited:
When was the last time this car went in to a fiat garage.? There was a software update for a fault relating to the map sensor.
Remove the sensor and check for excessive oil contamination. The oil could be blocking the sensor.
The oil may be coming from the engine breather pipe near the sensor on the manifold.

I have the car from 2009 year. The problem is last three winters. Only in winters and cold wether and cold engine. I don't update the software, and i think it's not the problem because the first 3 winters the car was ok. In Mes what i have to see on intake pressure on idle and when revs 200-3000 min /rev? My map is magnet marelli with temperature sensor build in, where i can see the temperature from the map in Mes? And how to investigate in new Map when the problem is occured one time in 10 days in winters , when the car is stayed parked for 7-8 hours outdoor, indoor in my garage it's never happened?

I bought a map sensor second hand for 10 euros, and i will replaced mine, to test if the problem will diseapears.

I changed the map sensor yesterday. Without relearn. Just changed. I erase the fault p0105. And tested the car for drive about 40 minutes in the city without problems. Today the morning i started the car and go to work. This afternoon i started the car and go, but after 100metres the same problem. The car is cutting off with check engine warning. I turn on the car and revs on 3000/min to have stable revs for going home. The Map sensor is not the problem. Any ideas ? On Mutiecuscan how much must be the airpressure in mBar on idle and on 2000revs/min par example? A think that i don't have air leaks, but if it's possible to do the problem?

The strange is because my problem is apears only after cold start and not every day. If there is a air leak it's be everytime i think?

I deleted the error. It was p0105 . I turn on the engine . And i see in Mes air pressure calculated in mbar its 400-450 mbar variably. When i pressed accelerator to 2000 revs it's variably go to 700 than dropped to 120. Maybe on 200mbar it's a lot of time. After that on idle 400-450 mbar flutate. Is it normal? How this indicator air pressure calculated must be?

Back