Technical Stilo Lights Prob??

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Lights Prob??

Hey,

When i changed my original lights for xeon bulbs a few months ago, i noticed that now there is 2 problems; the fog lights dont work, and the passenger side headlamp is making like a humming noise as if it is constantly trying to adjust the headlamp or something? Cannot hear it from inside the car, but can from the outside, any ideas?

Cheers, Stu.

Dont think it has anything to do with new blubs as mine does excatly same thing with passenger side headlight. had the car since 6 month old and has been doing it for about 3 years now. still passes mot anyway so i have just left it as it does not seem to move at night. I took it to fiat and they were clueless and just wanted to fit a new unit.

didnt do it before i changed the bulbs, however i prob never had a reason to check. still would like to know what it is though.

With regards the humming noise, I'd check your headlamp adjustment buttons in the car whilst parked facing a wall, moving from position 0 to 3 and watching if both beams change height. It sounds like it could be your headlamp adjustment motor failed, common problem with Stilo's as with other cars especially if the weatherproofing back of the headlight cluster is left off. There was a thread recently on replacing these Bosch parts with ones from VW dealerships (which I did) for £26-ish each instead of £70 each part-only from Fiat.

Edit:- unfortunately if it is the servo failed, it's probably a bigger job with the passenger side because of the battery / fuses assembly, so bumper off and cluster out.

Last edited:
my car has got the same problem, is the adjuster and the part can be quite dear!!

ive left mine as it passed its mot without but will sort it sometime lol :p

Back