stilo jtd CAN-BUS alarm install

Currently reading:
stilo jtd CAN-BUS alarm install

stevieg306

i may be installing a CAN-BUS alarm in my mates (taylonm on here) Stilo JTD in the future. have been doing a little reading up on the CAN-BUS alarms and the CAN-BUS on the car. i know that the radio is CAN-BUS controlled so would it be possible to use the CAN-H and CAN-L wires on the ISO plug to connect to an alarm as he now has an aftermarket head unit.
i know my way round an engine very well after rebuilding a few in my time and have installed a number of alarms too but this will be my first CAN-BUS alarm

Last edited:
i take it the only way is by using the wires in the fuse box then

Yep, taping into the feed to the body computer through using the wiring point into the plugs.

About 6 hours work to install professionally (by a compident diy'er) ie, hide all wiring neatly etc, remove body computer and run wiring into engine bay.

I urge EXTREME caution when tapping into CAN-BUS for an alarm system. Done incorrectly or the alarm you are fitting does "funny stuff/loading" to the CAN-BUS and you will be plagued with all sorts of problems.

Personally, unless you really know what you are doing, (or the person / company doing the work do), then I would install a more conventional alarm alarm system.

i know my way around electronics very well as i have wired up aftermarket ECUs before and used to mess around with electronics as a kid.
was just looking on autodata at the wiring diagrams. what module would the body computer be on there A11-I or A11-II and any pictures of the plug needed to connect to unless its a huge multiplug like the ones on the ECU, also any idea of the wire colours/pins of CAN-H and CAN-L

Back