Technical STILO FRONT WINDOWS not closing

Currently reading:
Technical STILO FRONT WINDOWS not closing

ficusbomb

I got Stilo 1.2 2002' central mechanical locking system without electronic key,
front electric windows. Once i forgot to close my front windows and locked my doors
and i was surprised:), windows have closed. Since it was at least a year passed by i tryed
yesterday but nothing. Does anyone knows why, did anything burned out or something like that.
My windows closing motor system is working properly, it is not slow or something.

Tell me again, you lock it with a key in the lock, not with a button on the key (you don't have electronic key?).

Anyway, before you clean up this confusion, Stilo closes the windows if you have an alarm fitted (I just press a lock button on my alarm remote device and it closes all the open windows). Also, before I fitted an alarm, I could open and close the windows with long press of a unlock/lock button on the key.

Only locking the doors with my factory key never closed my windows, I had to keep pressed the lock button for a while, before I got an alarm device fitted.

Tell me again, you lock it with a key in the lock, not with a button on the key (you don't have electronic key?).

Anyway, before you clean up this confusion, Stilo closes the windows if you have an alarm fitted (I just press a lock button on my alarm remote device and it closes all the open windows). Also, before I fitted an alarm, I could open and close the windows with long press of a unlock/lock button on the key.

Only locking the doors with my factory key never closed my windows, I had to keep pressed the lock button for a while, before I got an alarm device fitted.

Yes i have locked the door with a factory keys. I bought a used Stilo, so i dont know if it has an alarm, but there is a blinking light just by the knob for opened (not door handle) door. It blinks while im driving and when i lock the door is keeps blinking. I dont know if it is a real or fake alarm. But i know i have locked the doors and windows closed i've done it once and never again, so i really dont know what have i done.But thanks for trying to help:)

Last edited:
There's nothing to stop you locking the car whilst driving (or more often by catching the lock button when starting).

I've found one side affect of starting the car in a hurry (i.e. not bothering to wait for CHECK OK) is that the car auto-locks.

Of course you can easily argue this is a Special Stilo Feature (like in someone is chasing you with an axe or something :eek: ) :D

Last edited:
Back