Technical Stilo Active central locking

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo Active central locking

gayle

:worship:Hi new to this, I have 52 plate 1.2 stilo active and my central locking does not work. I have to use the key manually,It is not the battery as i still get the red light on the key also the red light flashes in the car when it is locked.
If someone could help and point me in the right direction i would be grateful thanks.

Your car is in a sulk and doesn't like or isn't getting the messages coming from your key fob. If they don't make friends again and start talking to each other on their own with time (sometimes they do- time is great healer) then you have to go to a dealer to make them friends again and synch the car to the key fob so they start shaking hands and talking to one another

Last edited:
Hi to all need your help

:confused:I have just visited the fiat dealers about my central locking. They have said it will cost me £70 to recode my key and that every stilo they have done this to have not worked.and it will cost me around £190.00 for a new key plus £70 to code it would this be right

Re: Hi to all need your help

Hiya, post in the Stilo section you will get far more help there! (y)

:confused:I have just visited the fiat dealers about my central locking. They have said it will cost me £70 to recode my key and that every stilo they have done this to have not worked.and it will cost me around £190.00 for a new key plus £70 to code it would this be right

No that doesn't sound right at all. They don't recode the key- that's not possible to do- no wonder they have trouble:)
You program the car to accept the key transmission frequencies

As you can program the car to accept up to 4 different key fobs I can't see why they would have problems with just one. If your key fob isn't putting out any acceptable transmissions then it might well be the end of it but that would be the only time that it would need replacing.

Change the battery anyway and try it as a garbled frequency won't be accepted by the car

What you could do is look on Ebay for a working Stilo key fob (£10). Swop over your metal key and immobiliser chip into it, (5 min job) then take that to a Fiat garage so they can program your car to accept THAT key fob. You'd need to take your log book to prove ownership and code card (which Fiat can obtain for you if you haven't got one)

Last edited:
(y) Thank you very much for your help

No that doesn't sound right at all. They don't recode the key- that's not possible to do- no wonder they have trouble:)
You program the car to accept the key transmission frequencies

As you can program the car to accept up to 4 different key fobs I can't see why they would have problems with just one. If your key fob isn't putting out any acceptable transmissions then it might well be the end of it but that would be the only time that it would need replacing.

Change the battery anyway and try it as a garbled frequency won't be accepted by the car

What you could do is look on Ebay for a working Stilo key fob (£10). Swop over your metal key and immobiliser chip into it, (5 min job) then take that to a Fiat garage so they can program your car to accept THAT key fob. You'd need to take your log book to prove ownership and code card (which Fiat can obtain for you if you haven't got one)

if you get a key off ebay and tryand take it to fiat o recode it wont :( i work as a mechanic and the stilo's and early puntos have trouble wi the body control units :( sometimesthey just need resetting and then they work agen. but hey your choice lol i think you just ned to reset it but im only a mehanic lol

Back