Tuning stilo 1.9 mjet remapped

Currently reading:
Tuning stilo 1.9 mjet remapped

Why look for grief when you don't need to :rolleyes:

The OP has already proven the point with his first post :confused:

No that was just talk from a man who didn't kown the answer, just as you.

How come it is so hard to get a stright answer here ? :bang:

I seen opel vectra and astra running 1,65bar long term on there 120CDTI(mjet/multijet) after changeing map sensor and remap.
They also use GT1749V.

Time for you to start making some intelligible posts - unless you'd like your visit to this Forum to be rather short.

You can start by making a useful contribution to this thread - as I don't seem to remember the OP commenting on issues with his MAP sensor :confused:

because quite simply i gave you my answer in the post i previously made,
i cannot afford it and i do not want to bring on any uneccessary agro by causing faults when i have got a a greatly improved gain from the remap as is.
do you not think 54BHP is not enough over standard?
or are you just seriously mentally retarded enough to want to destroy every car you own?
if the latter STFU and GTFO
end off!

Q= After remap :rolleyes:

I gave you after remap, post means after :confused: doesn't it :confused: I dont understand what changing MAP sensor would do anyway. The Stilo has fairly delicate electronics, its not the same as a the 120 CDTI Vectra in this way. Ask people who have tried to remove the MAP sensor by adding an induction kit.... the car goes into "limp home mode"

Whats that dip around 1,800 RPM haven't seen that before... :confused:

think i may have found out why there is a dip there now.
in 4th and 5th going from about 1500 rpm to 2000rpm there was a slight vibration
fitted EGR swirl gasket today, had a run in it and now no vibration.
its going on the rollers at the yorkshire rolling road day and we'll see what the graph looks like then :)

just got to wait for a map tweak for my GSR kit now :)

think i may have found out why there is a dip there now.
in 4th and 5th going from about 1500 rpm to 2000rpm there was a slight vibration
fitted EGR swirl gasket today, had a run in it and now no vibration.
its going on the rollers at the yorkshire rolling road day and we'll see what the graph looks like then :)

just got to wait for a map tweak for my GSR kit now :)

I get this slight vibration now I have had mine remapped is there a part number for the new egr swirl gasket, was going to take the egr off anyway for a clean when the weather thaws a little, this would be ideal if I could solve the vibration at the same time! :)

71751469 is the swirly gasket, 12 quid (ish)
you'll also need two 46773082 (£1.80) for either side of the swirl gasket, may as welll get 4 and replace the whole lot seen as youll be taking the EGR of to clean it anyway.

71751469 is the swirly gasket, 12 quid (ish)
you'll also need two 46773082 (£1.80) for either side of the swirl gasket, may as welll get 4 and replace the whole lot seen as youll be taking the EGR of to clean it anyway.

Brilliant thanks!

Anyone know if this swirl gasket is the same one as the JTD 115bhp? I know the other gaskets are the right ones as I had them written down ready to order.

Thanks

gaskets.jpg

the swirl gasket is the centre one.
it is the same shape as the original ones so should fit in no problem

Looks like finally after 61,000 miles my EGR is clogging up, so I may be joining the cleaned EGR & Swirl gasket Crew! Not much grunt below 2,000 RPM but comes in with a rush at 2,000RPM, bit iffy in this weather! :-o

Not really noticed any power loss in mine but thought I'd clean it as a matter of course now its fast approaching 100,000 miles 40,000 of those done by me of which its never been cleaned.

I gave you after remap, post means after :confused: doesn't it :confused: I dont understand what changing MAP sensor would do anyway. The Stilo has fairly delicate electronics, its not the same as a the 120 CDTI Vectra in this way. Ask people who have tried to remove the MAP sensor by adding an induction kit.... the car goes into "limp home mode"

Oh, but the 120 CDTI is an M88 from fiat power train aka 1.9L 8v 2.gen common rail engine aka Alfa 1.9L 8v Mjet and Fiat 1.9L 8v Multijet.

I did not write remove, but replace !

Replace the 2.5bar map sensor with an 3.0bar one and get a remap an ajust ecu to use the new 3.0 bar sensor.
This allow for more then 1,5(5) bar boost to be controlled by ecu.

There i alot info from Opel owner's that run 1.65 bar on the there 1.9 8V and Gt1749V turbo's.

:chin:

Oh, but the 120 CDTI is an M88 from fiat power train aka 1.9L 8v 2.gen common rail engine aka Alfa 1.9L 8v Mjet and Fiat 1.9L 8v Multijet.

I did not write remove, but replace !

Replace the 2.5bar map sensor with an 3.0bar one and get a remap an ajust ecu to use the new 3.0 bar sensor.
This allow for more then 1,5(5) bar boost to be controlled by ecu.

There i alot info from Opel owner's that run 1.65 bar on the there 1.9 8V and Gt1749V turbo's.

:chin:

Show me, i want to see all these fiqures and graphs, (just curious now)
also part no.s and prices. (this to proove my first answer, of not being able to afford it)

because quite simply i gave you my answer in the post i previously made,
i cannot afford it and i do not want to bring on any uneccessary agro by causing faults when i have got a a greatly improved gain from the remap as is.
do you not think 54BHP is not enough over standard?
or are you just seriously mentally retarded enough to want to destroy every car you own?
if the latter STFU and GTFO
end off!

Ive just read this thread and I am confused with the 54bhp gain as to where you got that from. Looking at the figures f/wheel before 137 after174 = 37 and wheels before 112 after 144 = 32. The 112 before is a bit under the 120 it should be I wonder if this sort of thing is normal, the reason I mention this is I have a 150 mjet or it might not be what ever the case is dosent seem to be on a par with my Marea which is mapped to 142bhp.

Ive just read this thread and I am confused with the 54bhp gain as to where you got that from. Looking at the figures f/wheel before 137 after174 = 37 and wheels before 112 after 144 = 32. The 112 before is a bit under the 120 it should be I wonder if this sort of thing is normal, the reason I mention this is I have a 150 mjet or it might not be what ever the case is dosent seem to be on a par with my Marea which is mapped to 142bhp.

Fiat's quoted 120 is given as a flywheel measurement, the 54 comes from 120-174 using fiats figures.

Its more than likely your 150 will be more than 150, fiat test a few engines and give a conservative figure, so customers can't come back and complain for having a car underpowered.

Do you get the SWIRL gasket from Fiat or is the somewhere to get them online?

Cheers.

Fiat parts department will sort you out (y)
Part no.s are above

Last edited:
Back