Technical Stilo 1.6 Going Mad! HELP ME!!!

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo 1.6 Going Mad! HELP ME!!!

strange27109

Hi, this is my first post to this forum and im hoping someone has had the same problem as me.

I bought a Stilo 1.6 abarth Replica 5 days ago and decided to spend the weekend giving it the once over and ended up pressure washing everything!!

It seemed fine for all of half an hour then the Radiator fan decided to turn itself on whilst sat outside my house and the full beams turned themselves on!!!!!!!

I went out started car fine no problems but lights and fan stayed on??

Im guessing ive got the fusebox wet and have checked every page on here trying to work out whats going on.

So far ive removed the fusebox and all fuses and relays run the hairdryer over the lot and made sure every conection is dry but still even with the fusebox removed if i put the terminal back on the battery the fan and lights still power up??

Any help would be so much appreciated, im pretty clued up mechanically on cars but no so good on the electrical side of it all

Cheers

There's been several threads about water getting into the under bonnet engine fuse box. You need to seperate the two grey halves of it to dry it out completely.

The problem often occurs if the car doesn't doesn't have the large black battery cover fitted.

Back