General Still trying to fit remote locking, any one had success with a marea

Currently reading:
General Still trying to fit remote locking, any one had success with a marea

megakestec

Still trying to fit remote locking, any one had success with a marea

o.k. so iv wired the unit into my fiat marea weekend

and the two locking wires that come out of the unit have been connected to the blue and white wires behind the drivers kick panel.

But when you press the lock or unlock button the locking just locks then unlocks, you can do this a couple of times then all central locking stops working until you disconnect the unit.

Iv also tried a combination of the blue and black wires this allows the central locking to lock at the push of the button but not unlock.
There are only 6 wires for central locking coming out of my unit and 2 of them are supposed to be connected together, 2 are supposed to be cut off and the other 2 are the lock and unlock wires.
Do you think the black wire I connected to was a earth and the blue one the lock wire, because this would mean that I would need to feed a earth wire to these wires some how (even though the unit is connected to the cars earth)
The other thing is the blue wire im connected to splits into 2 so that there are 3 different parts of the wire you can connect to, could I be connected to the wrong part.

According to the guide on this forum the wires I need can be found at the ABI unit behind glovebox. But I cant see any thing that resembles a unit behind the glove box except the air bag thingy.

There is however a unit thingy under the rear seats any one know what that dose.

Im really stuck here and its suddenly became more important to me that I have remote locking, the other day when carting some drunk mates back from the pub, one of them walked into me and I bent the key in the lock. Bummer.

Any way any help would be really appreciated.
https://www.fiatforum.com/security/

hi,

have fitted two central locking kits to my 20v and jtd marea.

when i fitted them, the wires were found under the kick plate on the drivers side (blue and white). it was then a simply job of switching them round until lock was lock and unlock was unlock.

it maybe worth starting again from there

cheers

mr marea

when i did it i soldered my wires directly onto the relay's pins. seemed a good idea since the relay is an easy way to figure out which wire is which, and the relay is behind glovebox same as your alarm probably will be.

Back