Technical Steering wheel/horn push

Currently reading:
Technical Steering wheel/horn push

paulfirecat

Hi everybody, can anyone recommend the best way to remove the large rectangular pad at the centre of the steering wheel to get at the horn push contacts on the uno turbo without damaging it? Many thanks:)

hi .grip your fingers under it and yank that sucker off !!!!! seriously they pull off and push hard bach on (y)

Is it a mk1 or mk2 steering wheel?

On my mk1 SX wheel the centre section is held on by two small screws recessed in the back of the steering wheel. These must come off to remove the centre section though I don't know if the same applies to the mk1 turbo. The mk2 turbo wheel (Momo) I think just pulls off but check first to avoid damaging it!

Thanks to all you guys,it turned out to be the type you prise out held in by two round clips which snap in and out (no screws). Horn fault was just a spade connector off!
Paul

Thanks to all you guys,it turned out to be the type you prise out held in by two round clips which snap in and out (no screws). Horn fault was just a spade connector off!
Paul

That's good - and unomad was right :)

Have to admit I was guessing as I think your car (Firecat?) uses Uno parts but also other parts, and I thought a rectangular pad meant Mk1 Uno Turbo, might be interesting to see a few pictures of this special sportster?

-Alex

Thanks Alex,here are a couple of pics. I'm told that around 100 Firecat kits were sold, how many got completed is anybody's guess. I've had mine almost 3 months now,it came with a cracked sump but louie is sorting one out for me, some other work is required to get her on the road but hopefully this year! I've also joined TurboCollective which has its own Firecat section (but not many recent posts):(
Cheers Paul:)

Attachments

• STA60429.JPG
    STA60429.JPG
    464.2 KB · Views: 35
  • STA60427.JPG
    STA60427.JPG
    482.6 KB · Views: 34
  • STA60432.JPG
    STA60432.JPG
    479.7 KB · Views: 33
Paul

could you tell me how to remove my steering wheel from my 1.0 uno fire 1992 as i want to change it

Blowtorch or hacksaw are usually the widely recommended suggestions.

Some suggest a thin headed crowbar, but I find that these can slip and smash your windscreen.

Alternatively you coudl try the exat same way as stated above, by prising the horn pad off, then disconnecting the switch, then undoing the nute holding the wheel on.

Blowtorch or hacksaw are usually the widely recommended suggestions.

Some suggest a thin headed crowbar, but I find that these can slip and smash your windscreen.

Alternatively you coudl try the exat same way as stated above, by prising the horn pad off, then disconnecting the switch, then undoing the nute holding the wheel on.
I have a 93 uno 1.4.. loosened the centre bolt and that's where the problem is. Looks like a c clip washer is firmly fitted. Any ideas, Peter

Paul
I have 2 spade connectors on the centre oblong boss. Where are the wires to plug in fòund

Attachments

• 20240224_101756.jpg
    20240224_101756.jpg
    794.1 KB · Views: 10
Back