General steering idler

Currently reading:
General steering idler

baz6008

Got a 77 Spider and just replaced the idler arm bushes...simple task, but how tight should the castle nut be that holds the whole thing together ? so far it all looks good and firm. If I turn the wheel there is no loose movement at the top. I just tightened it down on the steel washer firmly. Any comments. ?
Thanks
Baz

Got a 77 Spider and just replaced the idler arm bushes...simple task, but how tight should the castle nut be that holds the whole thing together ? so far it all looks good and firm. If I turn the wheel there is no loose movement at the top. I just tightened it down on the steel washer firmly. Any comments. ?
Thanks
Baz
I don't know specifically about your model, but in the past with replacing steering idler bushes when they were more common, generally there was a spacer or the bushes met if metal centres so they often were just tightened till within reason they had stopped. Usually it would be possible by looking at the design of bushes etc. to be apparent, but as I say I cannot confirm re your model.:)

Back