Technical Steel rims

Currently reading:
Technical Steel rims

Hi everyone

Just wondering whether the steel wheels from a base model would just slot into place without problems. i have the 225 45 17's and am looking for the 205 55 16's steelies as a spare set.

Ebay doesnt seem to have any, has anyone got a set that they removed from upgrading?
Cheers

Hi everyone

Just wondering whether the steel wheels from a base model would just slot into place without problems. i have the 225 45 17's and am looking for the 205 55 16's steelies as a spare set.

Ebay doesnt seem to have any, has anyone got a set that they removed from upgrading?
Cheers
Of course they'll fit...Your Sport is not so special as you would like it to be :eek:
I drive on steel 16s in the winter.

Of course you can. You will decrease your wheel diameter by only 1,4 cm (or half an inch) which is ok.

Last edited:
16s are fine. The brakes on the sport are only 284mm which isn't massive. In fact for a car of it's weight and power they're not big enough. Put it this way - The Mrs's Croma has larger REAR discs!

284mm discs with standard calipers typically need a minimum of 15" wheels. The Tipo has same size brakes and it runs on 15s.

I'm going to be buying a set of winter tyres with new 16" steel wheels from mytyres.co.uk ready for around Nov time.

Why so small discs on the 150 sports?

281x26mm for the 150bhp and 284x22 for the 120bhp? That 4mm can't improve things that much can it?

Presumably "standard, off the shelf, braking components". The extra 4mm may give bigger cooling vents, or significantly more capacity to absorb heat.

Attachments

• disc_brakes+red_hot.jpg
    disc_brakes+red_hot.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 35
Ah ok thanks for the replies people.

I'll have to keep looking on here and ebay, otherwise i'll just purchase a set of 4 steelies from the dealer... they cant cost that much.

And yes the brakes are way too small for the size and power:eek:

Ok my front tyres are on 2mm and my rears on about 3mm, got a quote from kwik fit and it came to £465 fitted! for the bridgestones and thats a trade price!. they also have budget tyres ( arrowspeed for £65 each ):p

i would be happy to pot about in steelies because the 205 55 r16s are much much cheaper when they need replacing and the ride is much smoother with them on as london has sleeping policemen everywhere and the roads are terrible.

Doesnt anyone have a set from a upgrade? :bang:

Back