General Status 30 to 40?

Currently reading:
General Status 30 to 40?

Oh wow that is a bit of a kicker. At least you know it is imminent now. Problem is it's gonna drag

You're right about that lol! :D Going to be an exciting day when we collect though! Hoping the weather will be good, at the moment we get lovely sunshine one day and thunderstorms the next. Good old April lol.

Hello! Glad to see it's not long to go now. I had been wondering how your wait was getting on. Looking forward to seeing a few pics on here soon ??

Hello! Glad to see it's not long to go now. I had been wondering how your wait was getting on. Looking forward to seeing a few pics on here soon ??

Can't wait to share some photos. Will be talking to a mobile valeter tomorrow to arrange to come and make it all shiny and nice lol. :D

Has your mum got the Panda yet, or are you having some fun with it looking after it for her?

Woohoooo!!! That's not long to wait at all. It'll soon be Saturday :)

I thought the dealer was going to suggest next week at first lol, but very happy to have just 48 hours!

Awesome news for you (y)

Now the longest 2 days ever lol

I've managed 10 weeks, I'm sure I can survive 2 more days lol.

Not doing this again in a hurry that's for sure. Perhaps next time we'll buy "off the shelf" (and get a better deal too!). :D It has been nice to buy something made to our requirements though, definitely been an experience.

Getting new all-season tyres (Michelin CrossClimate) fitted on Monday, then a week later having a full Gtechniq treatment from a local detailer. Going to look after this baby. :D

Not doing this again in a hurry that's for sure.

I know what you mean, however I will be doing this all over again in just over a years time. Going to have to think of what to get next, not sure if I'll stick with the 500L or even Fiat to that matter. Plenty of time to figure that out though.

I bet your counting down the hours now lol

I know what you mean, however I will be doing this all over again in just over a years time. Going to have to think of what to get next, not sure if I'll stick with the 500L or even Fiat to that matter. Plenty of time to figure that out though.

I bet your counting down the hours now lol

I'm sure we will do it again in 4 years lol, we'll be looking back at the experience through rose-tinted glasses. :D Definitely going to plan things better so we are not in negative equity on the current car and get a good finance deal though.

Have sorted out the new insurance for tomorrow and transferred our existing GAP policy. Going to take the Panda for a good clean inside and out this afternoon - I know the dealer will clean it anyway, but presentation and all that lol.

Only 22 hours to go! Not going to sleep tonight. :D We've not told our 5 year old we're getting a new car, he's been saying how much he wishes we had a blue one for ages, so we're going to spring the surprise on him lol.

Best of luck for tomorrow - can't wait to see the pics. Hope it's perky enough for you after the beastly lil Panda TwinAir! :)

Thank you. :) It's pretty overcast and miserable here today, so pics aren't going to show it off as well as they could I think. But I will certainly share a few later today.

I shall miss the twinair and the Panda itself very much, but I'm sure we'll adapt to the more basic engine. Keeping expectations low on that front, but it may surprise us.

Tick Tock, not long to go now.

Hope it all goes well and the weather picks up when you go and collect

Hope you had a good collection this morning. Can't wait to see it :)

It's home! :D

Weather is pretty nasty, so going to hold off on decent pics for the minute. But here's a few teasers. First one was taken with the dashcam in the Panda and is our first view of our lovely new car. Second was also at the dealer, but with my phone and third is in our car port.

First impressions - it's enormous inside! Had to get my 5 year old to speak up cause I couldn't hear him miles away in the back. Panoramic sunroof looks very nice, 5 year old said WOW! when it was opened the first time. :D

Engine is definitely not as pokey as the Panda's twinair, it was a little more sluggish going up the steep hill at the bottom of our road, but not as bad as the Honda CRV we used to have. It's very quiet, not just because it isn't a twinair but because the cabin is notably better insulated as well.

I absolutely LOVE the colour. You can't tell from the pics, but it has a very obvious green cast to it. I don't know why this doesn't show on camera, but it's very clear in real life. As we were getting car seats in, another salesman with some customers walked past and they all noted how nice it was.

The diamond-cut wheels really finish it. The sales manager said we had made a good choice picking them, especially at just £50!

Anyway, will post up a new thread with more pics and info as soon as the weather improves a bit. Thanks everyone for putting up with my impatience these last ten weeks. It's been a very exciting experience!

Attachments

• first-view.jpg
    first-view.jpg
    170.9 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_4499.jpg
    IMG_4499.jpg
    227.3 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_4500.jpg
    IMG_4500.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 29
Just a few more pics. One close-up of a lovely (but already muddy) diamond-cut wheel and a couple of close-ups of the interior trim. I really like this new black/grey upholstery, looks very classy. The suede dash trim has been changed for a textured finish and the suede door panels are a leatherette-type material. The latter I'm not so keen on, but everything else is good.

Attachments

• IMG_4509.jpg
    IMG_4509.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_4502.jpg
    IMG_4502.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_4506.jpg
    IMG_4506.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4508.jpg
    IMG_4508.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Engine is definitely not as pokey as the Panda's twinair, it was a little more sluggish going up the steep hill at the bottom of our road

This is my biggest issue with the car being sluggish on steep hills but then as I have mentioned in posts elsewhere it's not really the greatest in the aerodynamics department.

Shame the colour does not show properly as it looks more blue to me so will be interesting to see it maybe in a different light.

Enjoy

Glad the handover went well. The dealership seemed to do a generally good job keeping you updated & getting it ready fairly quickly, which is always good to see.

I do like the colour. There's so many red 500Ls around here, and I don't think it necessarily shows off the 500L as well as it could - your colour definitely reflects its quirky character and the alloys go really well with the black & chrome rubbing strips and the black around the windows - undoubtedly a very good decision for £50!

I have to say I prefer the rather random older style interior fabrics, but the black/grey interior on yours does go better with the exterior paint colour than the old suede finish would've. I can understand Fiat toning down the interior a bit, as the original fabrics & colours were a bit 'out there' for some people I'd imagine - especially the Easy & Lounge trims!

Hope it serves you well :)

Back