Technical starting trouble

Currently reading:
Technical starting trouble

Fiatbravo1987

hey,
Im having trouble starting the car when ive just switched it off, the battery is new and so is the alternator, theres also a current going into the battery from the alternator, but still its like the battery aint man enough for the engine. Its not so bad if left for a while then started.
But when i turn it off then start it back up, it struggles.
ill be grateful for any help
cheers

ive now cleaned the crank sensor and its much better, do you think it benifit from a new sensor? will it improve even more.
cheers

Brava 1.4 Hot Starting Problems

Hi, well after a lot of time, effort and money spent on 'Betsie Brava' I've fixed the dreaded Hot-Starting problem. IT WAS THE FUEL INJECTOR.
Following the help and advice I received from members on this site I changed everything there was to change:
Crank position sensor, temperature sensor, oxygen sensor, ECU, ignition coil, fuel pump etc etc.

As a last resort and despite nobody ever having experienced injector problems I decided it was worth paying a last £45 for a replacement injector. The car now starts up every time, hot or cold. I started to think it might be the injector when I took the cover off to look inside, with the engine hot. It was a freezing cold day. Instead of needing an hour or more to cool down the engine fired up. I guessed that the injector was not working when it was hot. When the engine was running the cool air passing over it kept it cool enough to work. When the engine was turned off heat from the engine would rise up the throttle body and the injector would get hot. After being left for just a few minutes the injector was then hot enough to fail. It was then necessary to leave the engine to cool down completely before it would restart. It proved to be difficult tracking down an injector (I live in the Isle of Man) but eventually I found a breaker that did a complete throttle body for £45 delivered.

So, Betsie has been saved from the scrapyard. Many thanks to everyone who offered help. Hopefully my experience will help others who have had the same problems.
hey,
Im having trouble starting the car when ive just switched it off, the battery is new and so is the alternator, theres also a current going into the battery from the alternator, but still its like the battery aint man enough for the engine. Its not so bad if left for a while then started.
But when i turn it off then start it back up, it struggles.
ill be grateful for any help
cheers

Back