Technical Starting Lever in 600D Multipla

Currently reading:
Technical Starting Lever in 600D Multipla

Papa Chubby

Hi all,

Posting here as well as on the "Other Fiat" forum as there is no 600 forum
mad.gif
! I'm trying to determine if my car has it's original starter system. Currently, my car (1963 600D Multipla) has a traditional key start like most cars, but according to my shop manual and other documentation, it should have a starting lever on the floor near the choke lever, which I believe is the same as that on a 500 :confused:. Did they stop using the lever starter at some point in production or did a previous owner change this out at some point due to convenience or possibly due to the unavailability of original parts? I really like the lever start and would like to put it back that way if it was original for my car.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Cas
slayer.gif

According to the 600/600D workshop manual that I have (published by Autopress Ltd) the early 600 Multiplas DID have a 'lever' starter. The manual states:---the Sedan and Multipla with the 600 engine are fitted with starter B76-0,5.12s incorporating its own switch, mechanically operated by a cable from cab interior. Export models from serial number 816159 (Sedan) and 072211 (Multipla) and all vehicles with the 600D engine use a type E76-0,5.12s starter with the integral solenoid switch operated remotely from the dashboard.
Hope this helps you with your decision---depends now on the chassis number, but if the Multipla is RHD, I would interpret that as an 'export' model, so it may have had 'ignition switch' starting from new.

Back