Technical Starter Dead

Currently reading:
Technical Starter Dead

Thanks to the both of you, it's quite an informative and entertaining discussion!

Just got my starter in the post and will get after making the darn thing run this weekend (lord I hope I don't have to rerun the cable from the battery or anything like that - hoping for at least one straight forward job!!)

Assuming the little Fiat works (and reliably), the plan is to use it to drive back and forth to work while the wife takes the Tesla. In the meantime, I have to finish the 7port on the Riley Elf (yay A-Series!)

Until then I'm saving ALL THE PENNIES :D !!! Going to do a street able 700cc, nothing fancy just a nice reliable zippy motor

btw: Anyone ever look at these Split Shaft 40DCOE progressive? They split the shaft and add a vacuum valve to make the side drafts a 2barrel progressive carb. Sounds kind of ideal.....

Oh, pic of my A-Series for fun!!
View attachment 420472
Very nice head you have there. I had to make do with inlets the other side on my S.

A guy just down the road from me has a Riley Elf as well as an Innocenti Mini, both look very nice cars. I spent half my motoring life in cars with A series engines. Morris Minors, Austin Healey Sprites and an A40 Farina. I had two Mk 1 Frogeye Sprites and they were so good to drive. One had been raced and the tuned engine was fitted with a Speedwell alloy head and twin Amal Monoblock carbs, capable of hitting 100mph. My other Sprite was a Mk 111, 1098cc which I personally drove for 101,000 miles and I sold it with 176.000 on the clock complete with a fully rebuilt engine and gearbox.
663E62FB-A8AE-4096-904F-28AD978C9100.jpeg2A8EC473-1ED3-4617-AEE8-59C9BB527435.jpegEB493922-1E52-46D2-BC30-6C85AE5F5878.jpeg

A guy just down the road from me has a Riley Elf as well as an Innocenti Mini, both look very nice cars. I spent half my motoring life in cars with A series engines. Morris Minors, Austin Healey Sprites and an A40 Farina. I had two Mk 1 Frogeye Sprites and they were so good to drive. One had been raced and the tuned engine was fitted with a Speedwell alloy head and twin Amal Monoblock carbs, capable of hitting 100mph. My other Sprite was a Mk 111, 1098cc which I personally drove for 101,000 miles and I sold it with 176.000 on the clock complete with a fully rebuilt engine and gearbox.
View attachment 420477View attachment 420478View attachment 420479
Sweet! The Bugeye or Mk11 Sprite was my other target car before I got bitten by the 500 bug. My financial manager....er wife.... is none to keen on my "Dan's front yard car museum" ideas. I was thinking I could sell tickets to cover costs :ROFLMAO:

Back