Technical Start up

Currently reading:
Technical Start up

Kirryloo

My 2010 1.6 grande has started to make a strange noise when starting up in cold weather. I’ve had the car for 1.5 years and never had any problems with it until it started this noise. The noise last no more than a second or so and once away it drives fine/ no more noise. I’d describe the sound as an electrical sort of sound, the kind of sound your windows make when u try to close them and they’re already shut? Please see link for video; https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=jG6csL6L9ZA

Last edited:
Have you had anyone start the car whilst your listening to/in and around the engine bay?..,,Has it been cold/rosty overnight and maybe the batteries struggling albeit for a short while?..

I haven’t done that yet! Yeah it’s always when the temperature is in low single digits, it was at 0oc this morning when it started doing it. I’ve no warning lights on the dash for the battery but unsure if it’s ever had a battery replacement.

In that case I'd take it to Halfords for a free test.They use quality testing kit,think its YUASA.
As for any replacement battery..buy the best you can afford and with the most warrenty.
FYI Euro Car Parts are having a black friday sale on atm. Stick your reg in the online site and apply the code. Save yourself a good few quid!

Last edited:
Yeah, IMO sounds better to wait for the black friday than a dark thursday…

BRs, Bernie

Back