Stalling Brava 1.4SX

Currently reading:
Stalling Brava 1.4SX

M

Matt

The wifes Brava has decided to play me up. Was driving it home and revs dropped despite squeezing throttle and died. Restarted and died about 6 times (as soon as I touch the throttle) then ran ok. Did it to me again 2o'clock this morning but wouldn't restart. Engine just spins but won't fire. Couldn't check for a spark as it was too early in the morning. Haven't tried it yet today. Any ideas?

How old are the plugs, oil, oil filter, fuel filter. Any lights ON on the dash ?

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

The plugs are about three months old. Oil due a change didn't get a chance to do a full service. I did wonder about the fuel filter though. Where is it? I've lost my haynes manual.

Under the bigger plastic cower near the rear wheels - dont know for sure which side - not from uk

sven

Looks like it was the fuel pump relay that could have been at fault. Took the cover off the fuse/relay box and it was loose. Clicked it back into place and at the moment (fingers crossed) it's running as sweet as a nut.

Many Thanks

Pleased to say that the car is behaving itself, and if anything drives better than before. So it looks like it was definitely the relay.

Right,

As I said in a previous post, I had a man come round and do a diagnostic test in the car. It took him 10 hours to trace the fault. It WAS a dodgy FUEL INJECTOR. It was breaking down intermittently at any temperature. A few words of advice, Bosch no longer make the said Injector. Fiat want £203 (which I refuse to pay!) If you find yourself in this position try www.findapart.co.uk, I got a complete throttle body, without stepper motor for £84 all in. Whipped out the injector and put it in mine and Bob's your uncle. Incidentally I now have the aforementioned throttle body sitting in the garage if anyone is interested.

Matt