brava sfront sub frame

Currently reading:
brava sfront sub frame

G

gordyboy123

hi all i have a brava with a rotten front sub frame, does any body know how easy it is to replace? have toured the breakers and found a few candidates which are ok but dont know easy a job it will be for a home mechanic , any idea's or pitfalls to look out for would be greatly appreciated ,because apart from that it would be a shame to send it for scrap as the rest of the car is solid ,dame these sodding pot holes!!!!! cheers

is it clunking on bumps? pay a garage to do the bushes,then whilst its off clean it up and paint it.

To get it off you have to remove a bit of the exhaust and an engine mounting bolt. You probably also have to remove the 2 wishbones first in which case you'll need a ball joint separator for the wheel hub end. Then it just requires lots of unbolting and can be lowered down.

The main issue is supporting the weight of it as you loosen the final bolts ideally with a jack/piece of wood under it and the help of a friend. You then need to do the same in reverse. Getting it aligned is a bit fiddly - I think there are some extra holes that can be used for alignment.

Ted