Technical Squeaks and rattles on my 500x pop star

Currently reading:
Technical Squeaks and rattles on my 500x pop star

500x Man

Evening all!

I've had my 500x pop star for about 6 weeks now and am really enjoying it as a practical replacement for my Mito apart from a couple of annoying squeaks and rattles.

Firstly the drivers seat is creaking when accelerating or braking, sometimes worse than others.

Secondly there is a very noticeable buzz rattle coming from what sounds like the boot on a rough road surface. I've not been able to pin point it though.

Has anyone else experienced this before I start plaguing my dealer and if so any suggestions to cure?

Your advice very welcome as these niggles are spoiling an otherwise lovely car!

Cheers in advance

Not had those specific problems, but do get an irritating buzz / rattle from the left hand side roofline when on a bumpy road. I notice it because my previous car (BMW) was solid as a rock and never had any rattles. I will mention it to the Fiat dealer at some stage.

The only rattle I had on mine which I thought was coming from the back turned out to be the front exhaust rubber. It was sending vibration along the pipe to the back of the car! Sorted by dealer.

Hi there,
I've had my 500xcross 4x4 9 speed auto for 9 month's now, love the look of the car , colour's beautiful amore red but thing's started to niggle me after a few week's , firstly the 3rd and 4th gear's just did'nt seem to change as smoothly as the other's so I took it back to dealer's assured me it was ok then steering wheel started to creak when turning to the right , took it back, they found a piece in the steering column had snapped and they replaced it , now I'm hearing a rattle somewhere over the right hand side of the car , I've accepted the response to the gear change's but I'm afraid my patience is wearing thin after these rattling sound's ,so it look's like it's going back again, it's a shame because it's a lovely car beside's all these niggle's.

Answering several questions/noises posted above.

1) Buzz / rattle from boot : Might be worth checking that the adjustable rubber buffers at the low corners are actually engaging with the penny head bumper retaining bolts. If not then the boot can rattle in the central locking mechanism

2) rattle on right hand side of car : check the tool kit. The wheel/jack spanner can rattle against the jack. I put additional padding in mine because of this

3) exhaust buzz. Don't know about the 500 City but the 500X has a rather rasp sound / element to it. Seems to be more noticeable when the car is cold/on start-up

Cheers for all the suggestions guys! Fortunately the squeaky seat seems to have resolved itself for now which was my main niggle. In respect of the buzz from the boot, I'm gonna strip everything out and see if I can identify by replacing items one at a time. I also did wonder about correctly adjusted bump stops etc so thanks for the suggestions

Back