Spring compressors..any guidance pls

Currently reading:
Spring compressors..any guidance pls

N

nico

I've refrained from doing this in the past after warnings of the dangers, but care and attention must win over the 100 quid cost of getting a garage to swop em.

Anyone got any guidance on how to do it and any particualr ones that suit our bravos, and indeed does anyone have any spring compressors they might like to part with?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Hi Ant.

Meant to msg you earlier. Saw you post on the other thread but email must have got lost in soup.

Yer, coilovers are def coming off, just need to figure out what I'm doing with cams and rest of acr before I take em off.

Re. the coilovers incidentally, I've since remembered I fitted the stainless steel fronts but never fitted the backs. The old alloy front I kept for spares and the new rears are still sat in box so are brand spanking. I never took the rears of as I figured I'd not want ot adjust the ride height again once set.

Just need a week or so to pole for buyers for the cams then fate of coilovers will be decided mate.

ok mate cheers, ive got group n rally cams for mine from a company called avanti motorsport, otherwise i would ov had them

as long as there is a full coilover kit an price is right ill defo ave them

Yes Tom. The stainless steel ones with 100N springs. The spare set are alloy with 90N springs.

Just wind the spring seats all the way down, no need for compressors.

have a look on screwfix . they have cheap spring clamps and are of a superior quality to those ebay ones.
screwfix ones also have too hooks on each side of the clamp so are more secure.

cheers, will do.

I would do Tom but I wana put the stock ones back on too.

hi nico have u found any1 for the cams yet, and have u still got the coilovers, and the passinger air bag cover

1242761040.GIF

I'm finally pulling all the pinks together as we speak and will be appearing on ebay in next few hrs. cheers