General Sporting side skirts

Currently reading:
General Sporting side skirts

Highlander

If you own a Sporting keep an eye on the 4 brackets that hold the bottom of the skirt to the sill. In each bracket there is a small locking screw, and so far we have lost 5 of the locking screws. Picked up a packet of the screws from the dealer today, and intend fitting them myself, this way the job will be done right.
Take care folks cos my wife is on holiday in the Lake District next week with her rip roaring Panda Sporting....LOLOLOL .....so it may be safer to stay off the roads.

Ian:devil:

How did you find this out? I haven't had a look under my car at all yet.
H

Highlander said:
If you own a Sporting keep an eye on the 4 brackets that hold the bottom of the skirt to the sill. In each bracket there is a small locking screw, and so far we have lost 5 of the locking screws. Picked up a packet of the screws from the dealer today, and intend fitting them myself, this way the job will be done right.
Take care folks cos my wife is on holiday in the Lake District next week with her rip roaring Panda Sporting....LOLOLOL .....so it may be safer to stay off the roads.

Ian:devil:
Well spotted (runs out side to stick head under car)

Sorry about the late reply H, I'm working 12 hour night shifts just now (KILLER).

I first noticed the problem when I was cleaning the car, on the underside of the skirt there are 4 arms of about 2 inch long with a clamp on the end which slips over the sill. I hit one with the sponge and it dropped down, so I then went and checked them all to find that 4 of the locking screws were missing out of the clamps.
So got dealer to replace them, but within a week I had lost 5, this time they are going in with a little substance on the screws to make sure they dont come loose again.

Ian:bang:

Back