Tuning Sportex Exhaust

Currently reading:
Tuning Sportex Exhaust

I ordered the loudest road-legal option and had it fitted last week.

It's nowhere near as loud as expected. Still very muted.

Very disappointing! - I thought it would be verging on offensive.

If it's road legal it won't be very loud.
Do you still have the cat installed?

I made my own and it's pretty horrendous noise wise. EBay 4-2-1 manifold, decat and a single straight through silencer at the rear.

Just checked, I ordered the 'race tube' system in the end! - and it's still very quiet!

The mid-box is deleted, so I expected more noise. Last 'cento I had had a custom built 'Longlife' stainless system and was loud.

Although, I do wonder now how much this was also down to an induction kit - which is next on my list of things to buy.

Still have the cat, and don't want to lose it.

It will probably change a little in sound as it "beds in" but won't be a huge change. Removing the cat makes quite a noticeable difference to the sound.

I don't find the induction kits add that much to the sound over the exhaust tbh.

Do you have any videos of the race tube exhaust ? I’m tempted to get it and then fit a 4-2-1 manifold.

one of my friends has a sportex backbox and middle section on his lupo and its quite loud, I have full factory exhaust appart from decat and its quite under 3k rpm and then it starts screaming when you rev it

Back