Spider M.O.T.

Currently reading:
Spider M.O.T.

gengis

Well guy's wish me luck for my M.O.T. tomorrow.

I'm a bit late this year getting it ready, but should be ok...come to think of it there is small amount of play in the bottom ball joint, and a bit of slop in the steering box, Anyway fingers crossed!

Yipee!...Passed, with one advisory - Slight play in inner steering arm.

Should be able to get one alright, as most of my steering components are of Lada Riva origin, which in 2003 when I converted to RHD were readily available. But when was the last time you saw a Lada Riva? Here's hoping!

awesome news, congrats!

as for the lada parts quests, you may be surprised. i think theres a small owners scene kicking about, so the parts should be available if you look in the right places

gengis said:
Yipee!...Passed, with one advisory - Slight play in inner steering arm.

Should be able to get one alright, as most of my steering components are of Lada Riva origin, which in 2003 when I converted to RHD were readily available. But when was the last time you saw a Lada Riva? Here's hoping!

My Dad had two Riva's - a miracle I wasn't put off motoring for life :laugh: Never really maintained the car as such, which given it's Russian robustness was perfectly fine. Unfortunately, no spare parts I can donate as a result, though I think he may have a spare tin of burnt orange (probably not the name of it, but gives the gist) touch up paint somewhere :D

Managed to get the steering arm today from a local motor factor, which was sent up from England.

Muppet...Very rugged steering parts...arms are twice of the refined Fiat parts. couldn't get RHD coupe parts at the time.

Andy...Will be taking the spider this year regardless of the weather...felt like a big lassie for taking the HGT last year.

Back