General Speedo Question

Currently reading:
General Speedo Question

Received my new upgraded dials today which have done nearly 70000, my car and original speedo have only done 40000 so if i have the new set in will my old set not change??
Im asking as i dont want the garage to think im only doing 1mile every 6 months when i change them over mot and service day??
Thanks for all sensible answers to such a newb question :D

It's a mk2, so you have to have the dials proxy aligned by Fiat. Unfortunately, they will only add miles on, so this is no good to you. It is not illegal for the odometer to show the incorrect mileage as long as you inform anyone who buys the car. Alternatively, you need to find a set of clocks with less than 40,000 miles.

It's a mk2, so you have to have the dials proxy aligned by Fiat. Unfortunately, they will only add miles on, so this is no good to you. It is not illegal for the odometer to show the incorrect mileage as long as you inform anyone who buys the car. Alternatively, you need to find a set of clocks with less than 40,000 miles.

So if i was 2 have the new dials in for say 6 months and then put my old ones back in the mileage will be the same as they wer 4 hours ago when i took them out??
I was gunna buy the 1s from Toad in the classifieds but he took ages to email back so jus bought them ones cheaper.

Last edited:
Back