speedo problems

Currently reading:
speedo problems

jayboy461

hi there need some help

ive got a y reg punto with a speedo problem now ive been told its a common problem but ive changed pretty much everything was wondering if someone could tell me something else to try.

ive tried another set of dials with no lucky got a new speed sensor but were i thought it went on the gearbox there is a plug and i cant shift it so i was told that the speed sensor maybe on one of the front wheel hubs but the mechanic changed it with no result now ive tried four gage dials rev/speedo/temp/fuel but am now gonna try 2 gauge speedo/fuel........ but im pulling out what hair i have left i hope someone can help me

No Abs = speedo Sensor on the Gearbox at the back

ABS - Sensors on front wheels IIRC

In Speed Sensor is playing up - the powersteering usually Says there is a fault too
They work hand in hand

And the ABS sensors on ABS versions will be the same, the ABS light would also be on, as it can't see the wheel properly

Ziggy

Well the abs light comes on when turning ignition on then goes off after a few seconds getting no other faults when hooked up to a computer it says there are no faults confussed!!!!

QUOTE=Ziggy122;2779281]No Abs = speedo Sensor on the Gearbox at the back

ABS - Sensors on front wheels IIRC

In Speed Sensor is playing up - the powersteering usually Says there is a fault too
They work hand in hand

And the ABS sensors on ABS versions will be the same, the ABS light would also be on, as it can't see the wheel properly

Ziggy[/QUOTE]

Back