Technical Speedo / drive info required.

Currently reading:
Technical Speedo / drive info required.

Jayen4

Hi all , it's been a while.....
Can anyone tell me exactly what the set up is for the speedo drive (gearbox end) ? Is it all mechanical or is there some sort of electronic sender involved ?? My speedo hasn't been working for a while , but occasionally it will come back to life for a brief spell . Any ideas or specific info please anyone ?? What parts am I likely to need ?? ..... Mine is a 1.9 120 diesel mpv model....

Hi all , it's been a while.....
Can anyone tell me exactly what the set up is for the speedo drive (gearbox end) ? Is it all mechanical or is there some sort of electronic sender involved ?? My speedo hasn't been working for a while , but occasionally it will come back to life for a brief spell . Any ideas or specific info please anyone ?? What parts am I likely to need ?? ..... Mine is a 1.9 120 diesel mpv model....
Possibly something like this, most are electrical this days and often use the original drive at the gearbox final drive unit speedo take off.
However I would first check and clean the connector at that end and possibly the wiring plugs at the dash board /speedo area and earthing to them.
1710314465621.png

Possibly something like this, most are electrical this days and often use the original drive at the gearbox final drive unit speedo take off.
However I would first check and clean the connector at that end and possibly the wiring plugs at the dash board /speedo area and earthing to them.
View attachment 440019
Very useful info there Bugsy , thank you . As I suspected , it's a sort of hybrid set up..... The way it behaves leads me to think that it's most likely to be the electrical side that is causing the problems . I shall investigate and report back when it's fixed...

Back