Technical Speakers Mk2

Currently reading:
Technical Speakers Mk2

McPhee87

I want some rear speakers as i don't have any at the moment. i have the standard Punto mk2 front speakers which are fine.

But i am Looking at tweeters
The Sony XS-HO3 tweeters are:
120w peak power
50w RMS power input
5,000 - 22,000Hz frequency range

My CD Player is A SONY cdx-s2200
4x50 W

would these be compatible? are these speakers alright? Would i need to do wiring as i have no rear speakers?
[/SIZE]

How come you do not have rear speakers? Like if you bought it new without speaker more than likely you have to re wire. If on the otherwise it is 2nd hand and the speakers where ripped off maybe you have a chance.

As regards your choice the speakers are fine as regards power but as diameter size I do not know off hand. And why tweeters? Tweeters = no bass and poor midrange. If your car has only the two front speakers I suggest getting a pair of full range speakers for the rear. Pioneer have speakers that fit exactly. Maybe even upgrading the front speaker to a better brand such as Pioneer, Clarion, Kenwood, etc...

Last edited:
I spent qute a bit of time trying different speakers, you are limited on the door speakers for mounting depth, i have pioneer component ones in the front of mine (model no ts-h 1704), a friend has 16.5cm jbl's (cant remember model no) and they both work equally well. For the rear, i made a shelf out of 12mm mdf (Ive learned not to use thicker, as although its acooustically preferable, it puts too much strain on the shelf supports, and it ends up ratting), mounted a pair of sony 6x9's underneath, and covered it with speaker cloth from maplins. You can go bigger in the rear, for more bass if you prefer, but I prefer the sound to be towards the front rather than the rear, depends on the music you listen to. If you are putting decent speakers in the back, disconeect the factory sub (If it has one) as alll you will get is bloop, bloop, bloop......... The factory fitted speakers are abysmal by the way, even a factory fit head unit sounds far better like this. I spent over a month, and a few hundred pounds experimenting, this will work....... just make sure everything is in phase when you wire it in, otherwise it'll sound atrocious. Im not sure if im allowed to advertise here (prob get my legs slapped!!) but if anyone wants a standard punto parcel shelf, or a cloth covered shelf with kenwood 7x10's ( I found it too bassy in the rear) then get in touch. if im not allowed to advertise, will someone let me know, and everyone kindly disregard the above

Back