General Speaker Swap

Currently reading:
General Speaker Swap

I decided that before I made any decision or comment on how good, bad or indifferent the standard head unit is, that I’d swap out all the speakers as every one had a blown gasket.
EFC6A63C-981E-4B8D-9D30-05A86E9FDDFE.jpeg

So at £30 a pair (I appreciate they are not great quality, but… there’s a budget factor here), I fitted a couple pairs of Alpine SXE-1725S with new adapters.
8B1C4513-76AD-4F77-93DD-09A07FBB1EAB.jpeg

592B0E59-A8D2-4C40-B2DE-1A645BBB340D.jpeg

So far they’ve obviously improved things massively and have given me a starting point should I take the big decision and fit a double DIN unit 🤦🏼‍♂️
All in all about an hours job and good to see that the inside of the doors looked solid and up-disturbed 👍🏻

Hey, I know this is an old post but how did you go about removing the speakers on the Panda? Is it a case of taking the whole door enclosure off to get at the speakers, or can the speakers be popped out themselves?

Hey, I know this is an old post but how did you go about removing the speakers on the Panda? Is it a case of taking the whole door enclosure off to get at the speakers, or can the speakers be popped out themselves?
The whole door card has to come off. Not a difficult job but old/brittle plastic clips can be an issue. I’m pretty sure there’s a guide on here if you search for it 👍🏻

Back