speaker installation

Currently reading:
speaker installation

ChosenPrey

I'm buying a head unit and will want to replace the front speakers and hopefully put some speakers in theback of my cinq. I'm struggle for cash atm and could do with some advice. Are they easy to install yourself etc or would I need an audio electrician to do it? if so how much would you think it would be for two rear speakers and to replace the two front ones in a cinq.

Done this, A pair of 4" Kenwoods £20-25 halfords, and a pair of JBL 6"-9"'s on the parcel shelf.

The fron ones are a bugger to do cos you'll need to remove the original speaker connecter and work out the correct polarity before connecting to the new speakers.

As for the parcel shelf, this can be cut easily and tidy with a sharp stanley knife. Run the speaker cable down the side of the car under the plastic trim between seat and door then run the cable under the dash to connect to the head unit. about 30-60 mins total.

Make sure you've got a lot of cable-ties!:)

Is adrenaline brown?

what do you mean by the polarity? and also what plastic trim are you on about mate?
have to make sure i understand it all coz cant really afford to get someone to do it.

Speakers have a (+) and a (-) connector. The Positive wire connects to the (+) connector and the other is obvious.
The plastic trim is sits partially over the Front door seals (bottom next to seat). It's a long black stripthat you'll need to pull sharply upwards to remove and will clip back on when you've finished.

Alternativeley, Come up to durham (uk, ignore my profile, havin a laff) and i'll do the lot for a tenner. 1 hours work for front and rear speakers and headunit install! (provided you supply them, i'll supply the tools for the job) Find a cheaper quote and i'll be gutted!:)

Email me if you are interested. use the button on my profile;)

Is adrenaline brown?

If you fit Co-axials in the dash watch out for the tweeters fouling the grills. I had this problem when I got mine so I cut the grills (which is a bit of a bodge!) Im getting some new grills when I get some Fusion 10cm components and mounting the tweeters in the doors. As for 6x9's, dont get me started! I hate the bloody things! They are just awful speakers, they mess with the bass from a sub in the boot (if you have one) and sound terrible when people cut into the standard parcel force. Your better off just getting the jigsaw out and cutting the rear armrest things (where the ashtray is) This makes a good mount as its a good size behind for small speakers and (with the aid of sound deadening) can sound quite good. I've also got some 10cm Co-axials in there. These are much better for rear fill as they dont dominate the sound as 6x9's do.

if you only want decent bass and all other channels then go for 6x9s with reasonably high powered 10cms in the front pods.

at the moment im running 2x sony 2way 10cms in the front (after spending £80 on some infinitys and finding they wont fit in the dash [V]), and 2x 120 rms JBL 6x9s on the standard parcel shelf.

if you're intending on getting a sub in the future, it's best to buy a decent pair of 12cm 3ways (with decent treble + mid freqs), as the person above said the bass freqs from sub and 6x9s cancel each other out.

have no probs with my 6x9s, but installing them with the factory fit CD player from a sei sporting is a bastard job. :)

Back